Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
kitkatkc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
leaking milk OMG!

I had this problem with my DD as well- I seriously leak milk ALL. THE. TIME. I have not found a re-usable nursing pad I can use. When I get out of the shower, I leak. Sometimes to the point of spraying milk. I use those silicon nursing pads just so I can dry off after a shower. DD pulls off and sprays milk all over the place every time I feed her. I mean, I am fine with nursing in public, but won't do it without a cover, or everyone around would get sprayed!
I have what seems like a normal amount of milk. Is there anything that I can do?? I have gotten past worrying about wasting milk, it is just annoying at this point! I don't want to have to deal with this for however long DD decides to nurse for!

Advertisement

kitkatkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
miraclebaby
Registered Users
seller

Re: leaking milk OMG!

my milk slowed WAY down around 3-4 months, you'll go through different phases, hang in there. Hugs

Join me swagging http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/stephlawler
miraclebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
TinyKisses
Registered Users
seller

it will slow down eventually. I still leak here and there though and mine is 15 months. Maybe try doubling up on pads
TinyKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
iHeart
Registered Users
seller

How long did it last with your DD? It usually does get better. Nipples have, well, sphincters really. And they get stronger - and have better control - the more time that goes by. They relax between babies, so you have to start all over again. Its generally got no relation to how much milk you have. Some people just have more of a problem with it than others. Even though I had low milk supply issues, in the beginning I would just wake up at night soaked, with both my DSs. I feel ya. Its totally annoying.
iHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
isaacsmum
Registered Users

I seriously leaked for over a year when nursing my first. From one side, it seemed like a constant leak. The reusable pads never worked for me for that reason. But I found the Lanisinoh disposable ones work really well.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
tibeca
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I couldn't find a reusable one that worked either. I liked the NUK brand. The lansinoh's made me itchy. Until DD was about 4 months old, I would wear 2 in each side. Sometimes I would still leak through. It gets better though!
tibeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:42 AM   #7
Mercy24
Registered Users
seller
seller

They're a little more expensive but I've heard great things about the overnight Bamboobies reusable pads. I've got a couple pairs and they seem way more absorbent than any of the ones you can find at walmart or target (I haven't gotten to test them out as baby's not here yet).
Old 11-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
kitkatkc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I honestly don't remember how long it lasted with DD... that was 3 pregnancies ago! (DS has soft palate issues and couldn't nurse- it was a struggle some days to get him to take a bottle, I pumped for 4 months) So... yeah, I know it stops eventually... The nursing pads that I have are from a WHAM, not the ones from BRU or whatever, but I just leak all over the place. The Lanisoh ones work well for me, but they make noise, which drives me nuts. That is why I like the Johnson's ones. But, geeze, on one side (one b00b is way leakier!) I went through 2 pads last night!
I know I shouldn't complain, after all the issues with feeding DS, I really am just grateful that DD came out ready to nurse and hasn't quit since (even through a 5 day stint in the NICU that included tube feedings)!

kitkatkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
6ofharts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had the same problem with my first LO but not with my last two. With my most recent DD, I tried all kinds of disposable pads and tossed each one aside for various reasons. The worst of them left little pieces of fuzz on my nipples. Gross! I finally caved and bought reusables from Charlie banana. I love them. They are a little awkward at first due to their size, but they break in quickly. That probably doesn't help much in terms of excessive leaking, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum