Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #11
njw3mom
Registered Users
seller

Re: huge lump in breast, any ideas?

For me a hot shower and massage always gets rid of the lump, following by letting him nurse. Hope you dont get mastitis! That sucks

Advertisement

njw3mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #12
proudmama4
Registered Users
Formerly: jke**y
seller

My Mood:

A girlfriend got a golf ball sized lump in her armpit, and she went to see the LC. It didn't hurt except for when she pressed on it. The LC told her it was something hereditary, and to put cold raw potato skins on it. It worked! Not sure what the hereditary thing was, but she was happy the potato skin worked at getting rid of her massive lump. It was weird looking.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #13
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

just fyi, i got very very bad mastitis when i was nursing ds from a clogged duct that wouldn't clear up. the lump was HUGE! but i never had any of the usual symptoms, no redness, no pain, no fever. nothing. so i put off going to the dr for a long time. i'm embarassed to even say how long i let it go on. by the time i went and got it checked out, the midwife was afraid i was going to need surgery to clear it up. luckily, 4 rounds of very strong antibiotics cleared it up. but i think they messed up ds's tummy for a long time and he didn't gain weight well for several months. it was insane, and i feel really bad for not going in sooner.

all that to say, i've had other clogged ducts since and been able to clear them pretty quickly with frequent nursing, pumping, massage, and warm compresses. but i wouldn't let it go more than a week or so before getting it checked out, just to make sure.

Last edited by Liadan23; 11-11-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #14
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with PP's have LO nurse with nose lined up with the lump and try pumping. I had to pump for mine to get out.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #15
proudmama4
Registered Users
Formerly: jke**y
seller

My Mood:

for a plugged duct, the LC told me to: Take ibuprofin. ice for an hour to get down inflamation. Then when time to nurse or pump use warm, wet massage. I like to put a wet cloth in the microwave and then massage that into the area. That worked on my last plugged duct. I was unable to pump anything from the breast for a full day before talking to the LC. Talk about engorgement! Good luck!