Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2011, 08:32 PM   #11
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Exposed to fifths diease :( Worried

Crap I think two of my kids might have fifths...I noticed the 18m olds cheeks red and a slight rash on his neck a few days ago, and ds1's cheeks were red today also.

Doctors offices won't open here till Tuesday (veterans day=4 day weekend) I'm 14 weeks...and I have an ob Appt Tuesday...this can wait till then right? My other choice is an urgent care tomorrow. Neither have a lab in house I don't think.

Advertisement

Last edited by tygr2410; 11-12-2011 at 08:33 PM.
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #12
ayer79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I found out I had it bc I got the lacy rash that is common with fifths. If you don't get the rash, then likely your fine.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
rle376@hotmail.com
Registered Users
seller

I did childcare for my friend's daughter when I was pregnant. Her daughter came one day and had terrible diarrhea. Her mom took her to the doctor and found out she had fifth's. My daughter came down with it as well. I was caretaker to both girls and did not catch it.

There's also a very good chance you already have the immunity. Most people were exposed to it some time in their childhood. They can do a blood test to check. I didn't have immunity. So they tested my blood a couple of times until we were out of the woods.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:59 AM   #14
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I should get my bloodwork back this week sometime.. My doctor is out of town for 3 weeks but i'll call the office and if there is an issue I can see another doctor in the practice.

Thank you for all the replies! the more I read about 5th the more I think either its not what she had/has or the fever she had was not part of it at all and in that case the rash showed up on a Sunday while she was with her mom and had been since Friday and I had not seen her at all since Tuesday so I would not have been exposed then.

Its just so scary! I'm 12 weeks today so I was starting to feel a tiny bit "out of the woods" baby measured normal at all 3 ultrasounds I've had (At 7 weeks, 9 weeks and 10.5 weeks) and i've picked up the heartbeat twice now on the doppler and now this to worry about. I just want to enjoy this pregnancy and I feel like I haven't been able to (Baby was conceived while I was on BC pills and I was worried about the chance of M/C)

Tina- Keep me updated in the DDC about what your OB/Midwife? says/does and i'll keep both of us in my prayers!