Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #11
Zoethink
Registered Users
seller

Re: Too upset to eat!

I am no expert, but I have heard that if you have a strong let down it can be frustrating/difficult/even frightening for the baby because they get so much so fast and it is hard to breath. Could she be anticipating something like that? Hope you can sort it out soon!

Advertisement

Zoethink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #12
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just a note on the cutting dairy. If you do just remember you may not see an improvement for a week or more if it from the dairy. It took us about 8-9 days before the shrieking stopped and just now are seeing a change in her diapers. Protein levels build up. If her stools are normal have you thought of reflux...maybe silent reflux?
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #13
Blindbatbeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Also try using a little gas relief (mylicon) or a gentle laxitive like the pedi-sure suppositiry laxative, while her tummy is new it may need help to get it going. Remember her stomach was not being used so maybe it's working out a few kinks. I had to use mylixon for a week or so after I cut out my dairy, (although yougurt I can do but too much cheese or any milks set it off) until her tummy was a bit more mature
Old 11-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #14
ackeller
Registered Users
seller

Could it be a nipple issue? I don't have "flat nipples" per se, but with my first DD I had to sort of pinch them into a long bottle nipple shape to get it to accommodate her mouth. I think seeing a lactation consultant might be a good way to go.

For gas relief you can consider Gripe Water if you want to avoid meds. Get the one that has just dill and oil (there are some that actually have sugar and alcohol in them, yuck!) It worked GREAT with both of our kids. I often gave it to them right after waking up and would nurse about 10 minutes later. It seemed to cut down on the gas quite a bit.

You're doing the best for your baby by sticking with it! Good for you, Mama!