Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
CandyRaine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
diaper storage and dirty diaper container

Newbie here

I have quite a pile of diapers sitting in tubs in my closet and I'm ready to get them out and organized for the baby, but I'm really lost on how to do it. How do you have your diapers organized? Have any pictures to help a girl out?

My sisters both did cloth with their babes but they did nasty wet pails and I don't want to do that. What do you do with your dirties between washes?

Advertisement

CandyRaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
fargomom27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: diaper storage and dirty diaper container

I can't help you too much on the storage system, but I can help you on the dirties.

I just keep a dry pail in our main bathroom. It's a small pail, and I have a PUL pail liner in there. On the bottom of the pail, I have a deodorizing disc. It's a step pail so I never have to lift the lid.

My son is 1 yo, and his poo is mostly solid so that typically just gets dumped in the toilet, then the diaper goes into the pail. When wash day comes around every couple of days, I empty the pail liner into my washer, do a double cold rinse, then I do a heavy duty hot wash with an extra cold rinse. (have a HE front loader and use 3/4 tsp. of Charlie's Soap)
Old 07-10-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
2sunshines
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We do a dry pail. It's on the landing to the basement and I just throw the diapers in there as they come off baby. They just sit there until they wash. With an exclusively breastfed baby you don't even have to do anything to the poo, just throw it all in the wash.

For diaper storage, this is my system:

Old 07-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #4
KelliandKaci
Registered Users
seller

We have 2 hanging wet bags for dirties. They get thrown in with diapers on wash day so we have the other to put up while the dirty is washing. I have a little bucket that sits beside the changing table that they go into before I get a chance to rinse them (still ebf but FL doesn't like all the poop that DS makes).

Diapers are in the boxes on the shelf - wool and covers in rotation are hanging on the "clothes line" - inserts and wipes and whatnot are in the baskets on the changing table shelves. The changing table came downstairs for a while in the beginning since I wasn't supposed to do stairs much but has now made it back to its home. I like the set up. Everything is neat and tidy and has its place.

ETA - I noticed this picture was taken before my washline. I need to get an updated picture.

Last edited by KelliandKaci; 07-10-2007 at 02:58 PM.
KelliandKaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
DukeyMama
Registered Users
seller

If you do a search for 'diaper storage' or something like that, you'll see a bunch of posts with how people do it.

Me? I have a very small stash and keep them in a square basket on the dresser with the changing pad.
DukeyMama is offline   Reply With Quote