Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
hodgen14
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question about diaper covers/wraps??

O.k so so far I've only used HH's and FB's pocket diapers..but I see that a lot of people use covers and/or wraps. Are people mainly using these because they can get more for their buck? Or are these mainly used for overnights? I wouldn't mind trying something..but it would have to be something with snaps. I also am confused about what you put inside of them. Would I be able to use my inserts that I already have-and just lay them inside of them? I also am diapering 2 kids and they both currently are able to wear M FB's so I would be looking for something that size.
Thanks for any help..as I think I'm ready to venture away from my pocket diapers and mix things up for a change

Advertisement

hodgen14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about diaper covers/wraps??

I use them with our prefolds. I do not think that you could use your inserts alone inside of them but I could be wrong. I am sure another mama will chime in soon.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
anchita
Registered Users
seller
seller

As far as I know, covers are usually used with prefolds (as the pp said) or with fitted diapers. Some people do use trifolded prefolds as inserts, so in that case it might be said that they're used with "inserts" but otherwise, I personally haven't heard of them being used only with inserts. I would wait for responses from the more experienced mamas here as well!
anchita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
DukeyMama
Registered Users
seller

I use them with PFs and fitteds. I would be afraid that an insert would slide around .
DukeyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:19 PM   #5
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeyMama View Post
I use them with PFs and fitteds. I would be afraid that an insert would slide around .
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:20 PM   #6
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

I use them with ANYTHING, lol, yes, with inserts. Of course, with inserts being fairly trim and not covering the whole diaper are, just know that if the kid poos - the cover is gone! LOL. Whereas, over a fitted, for example, if the fitted contains the poo, the cover might not have to be washed yet.

YES, I use covers with PF's to get "more bang" as you put it...basically, I have a limited a,ount of $$, and would have to wash like every day if I only bought pockets, so I use covers and PF's to have a bigger stash for less money. For example, let's say you had entirely AIO's or pockets, let's even say you get them used for $10 apiece....In order to have 20 diapers, which is what i would need to wash every 2.5 days on an older baby (about 8 dipes/day, plus 4 for during wash time), that would cost me $200.
Now, let's say i have 4 covers at $5 apiece, again used, and 12 PF's at $20, and then 8 pockets/AIO's at $10/each, that is a total of $120, for 20 diapers.
That's a savings of $80. And i like using Pf's around the house, i can just puff up the bum and let babe run! For outings, with clothes over it, I prefer the trimness of pockets.
Anyway, that's my explanation. Pf's and covers are my "stash extender!"
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote