Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #21
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Circumcision has profoundly affected every member of my family...

It is from posts and stories like these that helped me make the right decision to leave our son intact. If it wasn't for people who shared their experiences, stories, and knowledge then my son would have been cut.

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #22
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I had my oldest circ'ed against my better judgement. His bio dad and the Dr were against me 14 years ago. It was awful. He had so many issues, including pain when healing, UTIs and YIs while in diapers than none of my intact boys had/have. It is an emotional subject to me as well.

I can say that my oldest says he "likes" his penis better than his brothers' (he asked at 11 yrs old when I had his first brother what was wrong with his penis) penises. I told him that it was no longer recommended to cut a male, as the penis is fine the way it is. My DH is also happy he is circ'd while I am not. I have 2 intact sons and a 3rd intact son on the way. I told my DH that circing our sons was not going to happen EVER and if he did not like that, not to have children with me.
To be perfectly honest, I'm dreading the conversation where my son asks me why he was circumcised. I am afraid I will cry. That's a few years from now, though, and maybe by then I will have a better handle on the topic. Have you explained to your circ'd son that he may loose sensitivity when he is older? That's what's happening to my husband.

http://www.facebook.com/INTACTID?ref=ts#!/INTACTID
Old 11-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #23
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvytrav View Post
Thank you for sharing your story! It is people like you, who willingly share their own experiences, good + bad, that led me into doing enough research whiile pregnant to realize my son had a right to his own foreskin!
:Yeahthat:

My son is happily intact!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #24
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for sharing your story, it takes a lot of courage to speak up about issues that are so emotional as this.

There is support out there for mamas like yourself who have intact and non-intact sons. Saving Our Sons and The Whole Network are both great pages, if you are on Facebook, to discuss your feelings with other mothers, and to seek advice from those who have btdt.

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
Old 11-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #25
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for sharing in the proper place.

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
Old 11-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #26
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The thing about intactivists' "intensity" is that once you get it, once you see what circumcision really is, it is IMPOSSIBLE to think, "Oh, it's just another of a million choices you have to make for a baby." I spent most of my life thinking that circumcision was normal and necessary. Then I spent a few months thinking that either was a fine decision, because there were so many conflicting opinions. Then one night, it came to me: he was going to be born with a foreskin, so god or nature thought it needed to be there, and it wasn't my body, and it wasn't my choice. That was when I told dh no way, no how, divorce me. Even still, it took me longer to get so passionate. Every human being has a right to his or her whole body. Period.

As for car seat evangelism, I REALLY do not get why people get offended by this. We turned ds1 and ds2 forward at one year because we didn't know any better. When we learned that ERFing was safer, we kept dd and ds3 RFing for much longer. There was no drama, no "feeling attacked" by car seat evangelists. I was just happy that I learned how my kids could be even safer in the car. I suspect that people that get offended by this are insecure. Having my kids front-facing at age 1 didn't mean I was a bad mom - it just meant I didn't know. There was no shame in it - just always trying to learn and grow and do our best. Letting ego get in the way of doing what's right by a child is silly.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Old 11-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #27
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

mama and thanks for sharing your story! i'm mama to one intact ds and have been grateful for the mamas on ds for opening my eyes and questioning circ before he was born. although i must admit almost of all of the health care providers i encountered in the hospital were relieved and openly thanked us for making the choice not to circ!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #28
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry I wasn't able to read, as I find examples of this too upsetting. Thank you for posting it for others. If it helps one person not have to suffer in the way that your family has, you have done your best.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #29
tbowers8403
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for sharing your story. I could not imagine putting a son of mine through that pain. I am so happy my husband was so easy to convert without stating a case. I bring it up hoping for an argument, it just CAN'T be that easy right? He is circ'd too!

People who support their decision with an intense fury are just trying to get the good word out. Carseat, circ, vax, whatever the case. I think sometimes it should be more gentle and I am guilty of getting passionate about carseat safety. It's hard to change the world.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #30
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srkobus View Post
although i must admit almost of all of the health care providers i encountered in the hospital were relieved and openly thanked us for making the choice not to circ!
They need to live up to their Hippocratic Oath and first, do no harm. Silently hoping for parents to do the right thing is morally wrong. They know it is wrong to do, and they could make the most difference if they just said, "It is not medically necessary and I would not advise it."

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Closed Thread