Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #21
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
Re: Circ'ing a 4 month old - pros/cons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.timms View Post
That's what I was thinking, too. The urologist said he will use a local anesthetic, until 12 months. I'm wondering if we should see a plastic surgeon too.

Honestly, at this point I'd rather just not do it at all. I know why we decided to circ, but the idea of doing it this late makes me want to cry . DH is adamently opposed to leaving him intact, though.

So many issues, LOL.
April since you'd rather not do it at all is there any chance that if you just wait your DH might change his mind?

Advertisement

Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #22
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to say maybe have him read what the bible says, maybe that might help him decide. Personally, since it hurts no matter what, why not wait till he is older and can have real pain treatment. I mean his skin is being cut, how does that not hurt? I also was under medicated while having surgery twice, even telling them I could feel what they were doing, they delayed giving me more meds, it seems worse for a child who can't tell you they need more medication. I also think having to deal with dirty diapers and an open wound seems so much worse. I hope you all can come to something that works for your son, you and your DH.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #23
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.timms View Post
Thank you for sharing your story!
Thank you for reading it.

http://www.facebook.com/INTACTID?ref=ts#!/INTACTID
RaZZberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #24
MyLovely
Registered Users

What a rough situation

Sadly, it is more complicated and much more risky when general is used. I gently encourage you to ask yourself, are you comfortable with the risk of your son having a dangerous reaction to the anesthesia when he's been perfectly fine so far, intact? Also, he's experienced a good deal of pain with his GERD, is it worth inflicting more? (I do realize that without tone of voice, that sounds harsh and judgy...please trust me when I say it's not)
Old 11-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #25
hannahnana'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZZberry View Post
Yes, I agree, a drawback could be his age.

I know how you feel, this can be so tough.

I have one circ'd son and one intact son. If you would like to read my experience, please click on my thread in my siggy.
I checked out your thread and was going to comment there but it says it is closed. How did your husband come around to even talking about the foreskin restoration? I would love to chat with you if that is ok.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #26
teachermommy35
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hey mama. My son had to be re circumcised at age 2 1/2. Pm me and I can let you know about it. He did fine!
Old 11-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #27
Joyful Tie Dyes
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Yeah it got closed b/c sadly we have a member who believes those threads should not be allowed and works hard to get them closed
Old 11-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #28
Joyful Tie Dyes
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermommy35 View Post
Hey mama. My son had to be re circumcised at age 2 1/2. Pm me and I can let you know about it. He did fine!
I have read re-circed twice today and I'm curious as to why it needs to be done a second time. I am unfamiliar with this.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #29
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahnana'smommy View Post
I checked out your thread and was going to comment there but it says it is closed. How did your husband come around to even talking about the foreskin restoration? I would love to chat with you if that is ok.
Sure, I love sharing this info. He's a very good man and the idea of hurting me just kills him. He hasn't started restoring yet but we are looking into the different methods. Many of them are safe, painless and can be done at home. This site has some wonderful information- http://www.restoringforeskin.org/

My thread should be back open in a few days. We just wanted to give it a chance to cool down because it got heated.

I don't want to get this thread off track so feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss it further.

ETA: foreskin restoration should NOT hurt.

http://www.facebook.com/INTACTID?ref=ts#!/INTACTID

Last edited by RaZZberry; 11-17-2011 at 10:47 AM.
RaZZberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #30
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
I have read re-circed twice today and I'm curious as to why it needs to be done a second time. I am unfamiliar with this.
My first boyfriend had to be "re-circed", as some may call it, at 15 because he had adhesions/skin bridges that were causing him a lot of pain and impairing function. Not sure why others have had to do it, but that is why he did.

Last edited by Janine; 11-16-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote