Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #141
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Circumcision has profoundly affected every member of my family...

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin-mylilguy View Post
The OP said that she welcomes polite respectful questions, too. (No debate, though) And she wants similar stories to be shared.
I didn't mean it toward anyone in particular. I just read through and saw some kind of mean posts (i didnt make a mental note of who) and I'm sure the op doesn't want to play referee in this thread that is so close to her heart. But yes, I know what you are saying.

Melissa.

Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #142
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
Why should the stories only be similar? What if someone has had a positive, nontraumatic experience with circumcision? Are they not allowed to share their stories?
Maybe they should make their own thread about their wonderful circumcision stories then. I really don't think that's what the OP wants to hear when she is trying to heal from a traumatic experience.

If the OP was posting and asking for support after having a miscarriage, would it be okay for people to jump in and go..."Well I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy and baby. WHY ARE YOU JUDGING MEEEEE!!!!"

Seriously think about it.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #143
purpledayz
Registered Users

When we found out we were having a boy I didn't even question circ. All of the parenting books just lay it out there like it's fact that you have it done. None of the books explain what it is. If they did explain, plainly without emotion, what the surgery does I would have questioned it.

I offhandedly asked DH about it one morning (so offhandedly that I'm pretty sure I was blow drying my hair when I asked.) What I said was "Oh yeah, we are supposed to decide if DS will be circ'd. I assume you want to do it?" DH looked at me and asked "Why should we do it? Is there any reason for it?". I was stumped for a few seconds, said something about there being studies done in Africa that say it might help prevent transmission of AIDS and maybe helps prevent UTI's. His simple response was "No."

If not for DH asking why DS would be circ'd. If not for debates on DS DS would probably have been circ'd.

A few hours before DS was being released from the NICU we got a phone call from a nurse saying she couldn't find the consent to circ form in DS file, did we just want to sign it when we picked him up? When I told her we would not be having DS circ'd and that's why there wasn't a consent form, she said thank you.
During DS month long stay (his cube was in front of the procedure room) I witnessed doctors pawning off circ's to other doctors and discussions about how much they hate to do them.

I am ever grateful to DH for asking why because that question made me start looking up information. Because I researched information with an open mind the obvious answer to circ was no. It's only after DS was born and around for awhile that the answer became passionately no.

mama, I could have been you. I am so sorry no one gave you the info before your DS was born.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #144
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut*

I didn't mean it toward anyone in particular. I just read through and saw some kind of mean posts (i didnt make a mental note of who) and I'm sure the op doesn't want to play referee in this thread that is so close to her heart. But yes, I know what you are saying.

Melissa.
Nice to see you back!

Blaming typos on my "smart"phone's auto-correct
Old 11-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #145
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05

Maybe they should make their own thread about their wonderful circumcision stories then. I really don't think that's what the OP wants to hear when she is trying to heal from a traumatic experience.

If the OP was posting and asking for support after having a miscarriage, would it be okay for people to jump in and go..."Well I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy and baby. WHY ARE YOU JUDGING MEEEEE!!!!"

LIKE.LIKE.LIKE.
This was a great comparison!!!

Blaming typos on my "smart"phone's auto-correct
Old 11-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #146
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for sharing! I had never heard of foreskin restoration. And I am glad that is being talked about. Dh and ds are intact and I would never think differently, although I got huge guilt from everyone I knew.

And all I can think is, when you know better you do better...
Old 11-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #147
Stamina
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05 View Post
Just as it's inappropriate to compare circumcision to a haircut, it's incredibly more so to parallel it to miscarriage.

Last edited by Stamina; 11-17-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #148
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:

Brilliant post Katie.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #149
Stamina
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
Brilliant post Katie.
As someone who has lost a baby to miscarriage, I'm repulsed that anyone could support a comparison of mourning the loss of a healthy, living child's foreskin to mourning the loss of a child's life.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #150
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had several miscarriages and I do appreciate the comparison because both involve grief and guilt. Please ladies, let's get this back on track.

Quote:

http://www.facebook.com/INTACTID?ref=ts#!/INTACTID

Last edited by RaZZberry; 11-17-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Closed Thread