Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #31
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can water break slowly?

oh yes.. we're 100% sure about the due date. We had a miscarriage in August--so we didn't try in September.. but then BOOM, come October we were pregnant again... so I only charted for one month (and took temp. etc).

And thanks, but I'm not going to bother with herbal stuff for now. It was sooo stinkin' hard to just fine Red Raspberry caplets.. let alone anything else that's more "herbally" than that!

Hmm... I always thought that once your water had broken (or leaking in this case) you shouldn't wait around to go to the hospital. I don't know... we'll have to see how it all pans out. In my mind, being induced or even a C/S isn't what I'm focused on.... we tried for 3 years and suffered a miscarriage and now we're inches from having a baby... THAT's where my mind is at! Everything about this pregnancy has been right on target and a smooth ride so I'll just count my blessings and be happy when whatever-it-will-be is over.

Thanks for all the advice!

Advertisement

Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #32
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

I can completely understand that Amanda!

Praying that it all happens soon and goes smoothly for you and that you are holding that precious little one in your arms soon!!!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #33
skayers01
Registered Users

My water began to trickle too! I just thought I was peeing on myself everytime I sat up in bed. This lasted for a few hours. Then my husband, who had been asleep at the computer, stood up and fell because his leg was asleep. I laughed so hard that it made my water really break.

You don't have to go anywhere though. Wait until your contractions pick up. Go on a walk or just relax! Your baby replinishes your amniotic fluid. You don't run out. There's no such thing as a dry birth and you won't get an infection if you want to take a bath. Common misconceptions!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:22 PM   #34
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

my water broke slowly with ds. the only reason I knew it was my water was because (gross here) I smelled it, lol. did not smell like urine
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:22 PM   #35
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

You are so focused on the right things--good for you!

I had to be induced with my first (medical problems) and it really wasn't bad for me. I had a quick, drug-free labor and only pushed for 3 contractions.

I was also scheduled to be induced with my second (6 weeks early) due to some serious medical issues (that we're still struggling with), but I ended up going into labor on my own the night before. Again, I had a quick, drug-free labor and delivery. (He was the one who gave me that "tricky" water breaking, but only trickling problem!)

In the end, I had happy, beautiful and healthy babies.