Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
teachermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is there a support group for c-sections on here?

I was in Aug 09 DDC with you...but I don't remember you. Probably because I am not nearly as active on here as I could be. I'm having my 5th c/s on 12/1 and am really looking forward to it. All of my c/s have been fabulous and I LOVE my Dr. Plus, I'm looking forward to being on vacation in the hospital (with meals served) for a couple of days.....

Advertisement

(O)….2, & Someone NEW….arriving May 2014!

Kindergarten Teaching Extraordinaire
teachermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #12
LittleLady8
Registered Users
seller

happy to read this thread! i had a c-section and truly believe it was necessary. I am so grateful for it and don't believe my son would be here today without it . I will TOL with my next one if "the conditions are right". I would love a c section support area. I honestly mourned my 'inability' to give birth vaginally. I'm the only woman in my family to ever need a c/s so I would have loved somewhere to let my feelings out!! But yes, this isn't a very csection friendly place. No one exactly advertises theirs or unsuccessful vbacs . Maybe this should be renamed the c/s support thread!!

eta - I also loved my extra little vacation in the hospital. best days of my life.

Last edited by LittleLady8; 11-21-2011 at 09:48 PM.
LittleLady8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #13
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a c-section with my first son and just had a repeat c-section with my 2nd ds in october. I havent seen too many posts about c-sections here though.
dncegrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #14
jayell79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We should have a safe place to talk about it!

I had an emergency c/s with my first. My stay in the hospital was complete and total hell! I went through 12 hours of pain med free induction. Needless to say, the c/s was not in my birth plan. After DD starting showing signs of distress, I remembered it was & should be all about her, not me & what I wanted. However, I didn't pack for a long stay in the hospital and was completely unprepared. I have an extensive list of food allergies and have to cook all of my food from scratch. For some reason the nurses were refusing to allow my brought in food. One of them even threatened to pump my stomach! WTF? I drank tea, juice, broth & jello for 2 days straight after surgery! Plus I had not eaten since midnight the night before I went in to be endued. I complained to my OBGYN & he came back to the hospital & signed some sort of order allowing brought in food. They still wouldn't let me have it. I finally broke down and ate the hospital food on the 3rd day, and got terribly sick. The nurses messed up on a shift change, and doubled my pain medication making me sick. We lived out of town & hadn't secured someone to take care of our dogs, so my husband had to leave a lot to deal with them. I was hassled to no end about our no vac stand. Oddly enough they didn't press getting the baby vaccinated as much as they did me. They were trying to force me to get the MMR shot before I left, and weren't going to let me leave until I got it. I had already signed the waiver, but they said it had to be signed off on by the hospital administrator or something. At that point I turned into a raging B and threatened to call my lawyer and sue. They had the discharge nurse in my room immediately, and I was in my car not 30 minutes later!

This time I hope things go very differently. Thank god we are in a new city 1/2 way across the country! I would NEVER go back to that hospital, I'd rather die. I'm having a scheduled c/s this time, and will be as prepared as possible. Or at least the hospital will be prepared for me!

Last edited by jayell79; 11-21-2011 at 11:16 PM.
jayell79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #15
becky1231
Registered Users

I have had one vaginal birth 1 emergency c section and one planned c section. I would love to have a comfortable place to talk about them
Old 11-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #16
LittleLady8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayell79
We should have a safe place to talk about it!

I had an emergency c/s with my first. My stay in the hospital was complete and total hell! I went through 12 hours of pain med free induction. Needless to say, the c/s was not in my birth plan. After DD starting showing signs of distress, I remembered it was & should be all about her, not me & what I wanted. However, I didn't pack for a long stay in the hospital and was completely unprepared. I have an extensive list of food allergies and have to cook all of my food from scratch. For some reason the nurses were refusing to allow my brought in food. One of them even threatened to pump my stomach! WTF? I drank tea, juice, broth & jello for 2 days straight after surgery! Plus I had not eaten since midnight the night before I went in to be endued. I complained to my OBGYN & he came back to the hospital & signed some sort of order allowing brought in food. They still wouldn't let me have it. I finally broke down and ate the hospital food on the 3rd day, and got terribly sick. The nurses messed up on a shift change, and doubled my pain medication making me sick. We lived out of town & hadn't secured someone to take care of our dogs, so my husband had to leave a lot to deal with them. I was hassled to no end about our no vac stand. Oddly enough they didn't press getting the baby vaccinated as much as they did me. They were trying to force me to get the MMR shot before I left, and weren't going to let me leave until I got it. I had already signed the waiver, but they said it had to be signed off on by the hospital administrator or something. At that point I turned into a raging B and threatened to call my lawyer and sue. They had the discharge nurse in my room immediately, and I was in my car not 30 minutes later!

This time I hope things go very differently. Thank god we are in a new city 1/2 way across the country! I would NEVER go back to that hospital, I'd rather die. I'm having a scheduled c/s this time, and will be as prepared as possible. Or at least the hospital will be prepared for me!
That's awful! My sister has a food allergy and had to have her own food at the hospital but they were happy not to have to deal with it.
I'm was in the same boat - a vag birth was really important to me but once the heart rate was down and staying there for long periods of time I was over that quickly! I really am hoping for a vbac next time but won't be devastated if I can't. Why are you choosing a repeat? I hope you have a wayyyy better experience this time!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #17
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first was a totally necessary c-section due to complete previa, so I got used to the idea of it pretty early on and was prepared. However, I was not prepared for it to happen at 33wks. That part of it was difficult, but my overall experience was fine, nothing traumatic. This time I'm planning on a vbac. I'm not sure how i'll feel if I don't get it, it will probably depend on the circumstances, but right now I really trust my provider. I would like to give birth vaginally just once.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #18
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YAY i love this thread now too!! I agree EVERYONE deserves support no matter their outcome!!! NO one knows how or why someone ended up with a section but there is that percent of people who without it someone horrible could have happened to her or baby or both! i get so sad when i get people coming at me with the you should you should.. we have all been through the thought process! It was SO friggen tuff for me to get over my c-section.. emotionally i literally have just JUST come to terms with my past one and this one i will be having.. HAHAHA and someone said it im kiiiiinda looking forward to my vacation in the hospital I have a 2yo and all though it will be tuff for both him and I to be away from eachother i will be thankful for the people who will take the time to make him comfortable and to make me comfortable.. I NEVER get a break.. so this i will consider my break! MY bf wasnt supportive last time when ds was born.. so had i had a vag birth i see my life as hell..

the only thing id like tho.. is to be able to go as close to my DD as possible.. BUT having it planned means that BF's mom who i adore and use her daily as my support person in life lives in MI and im in CA so she can plan to be here for all us at the right time instead of guess...

YAY and double YAY for this thread!!

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #19
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyria2 View Post
My first was a totally necessary c-section due to complete previa, so I got used to the idea of it pretty early on and was prepared. However, I was not prepared for it to happen at 33wks. That part of it was difficult, but my overall experience was fine, nothing traumatic. This time I'm planning on a vbac. I'm not sure how i'll feel if I don't get it, it will probably depend on the circumstances, but right now I really trust my provider. I would like to give birth vaginally just once.
OH no what happend.. why was baby born at 33 weeks?
jessica

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #20
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Whoohoo fellow Csection Moms! I will be having my 5th in March!!!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote