Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #11
solomonjon
Registered Users

Re: Baby food blender??

My mother bought me the "baby bullet". Its almost over rated I love making my kid healthy food that is fresh. It just comes with six or eight little jar, a spatcula and a couple other things. Im also in search of recepies. I feel bad always making my baby bananas,bluberries,frozen peaches at this time,pears or a combo deal. I tend to always make him fruit I need other recepies or veggie ideas, ive tried carrots,sweet peas,avacado,sweet potatos any other ideas out there

Advertisement

solomonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #12
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just choppd up what ever we were eating:
Chicken and noodles
Mac and cheese
Pot roast
Beef and noddles

Plain items:
peas
carrots
sweet potatoes
squash
green beans
applesauce
pear sauce
bananas
avacado

I did mixes of just fruit, just veggies, and fruit/veggie
apple/carrot was a good one

Have fun
Old 11-16-2011, 08:00 AM   #13
amymax
Registered Users
seller

I just got the baby bullet. I like it because it comes with baby food jars and lots of other storage for the food you make. plus you can use it to make your own rice or oatmeal cereal for the baby.
amymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #14
creative*genius
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think it's necessary to get the Baby Bullet or any of the other ones marketed for baby. They often come with a bunch of cups or small mixing containers that will be no use to you when you are done pureeing baby food - which only lists at most 6 mos. So... i recently bought a 3 piece Ninja set. It came with blender, food processor bowl and mini chopper container. It works perfect for baby food and allows me to chose the size container based on whether I'm just making food for today or whether I'm making it to store it. If I make to store I scoop it into ice cube trays and when frozen I pop the cubes out and store in a freezer bag. I originally purchased cubes to store the food in, but once I heard about the ice cube tray method I returned them since they were like $8 a tray and I purchased 4. The ice cube trays cost me like $2.50 for a set of 2. Anyway - they also sell a small Ninja for like $20. I bought the larger one cuz my DH had JUST broken my blender so I needed something anyway.

As far as recipes - I start with just the food itself. If it's too thick for the chopper to keep whipping it around I add a little breast milk or water. Both my DC's have liked thicker purees right from the beginning, so I rarely have to add liquid. And then I just get creative about mixing foods. After they've been into'd to individual foods I combine things like sweet potatoes and bananas or carrots and peas. Then I get into oatmeal, yogurt and peaches. Or rice chicken and sweet potatoes. Or turkey pumpkin and cranberry.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #15
jennmarie
Registered Users

We have the regular bullet (have had it for several years) and it comes with the exact same blades as the baby bullet, so we don't plan on upgrading in the next few months when my son can start eating solids. I've bookmarked this site wholesomebabyfood.momtastic (dot) com/ because it has a bunch of recipes for each stage. They also have a place on the site that compares blenders/food processes and what stage they each can do. I'm planning on printing out a list that they have that shows how long things can be frozen. Overall, looks like a good resource!
jennmarie is offline   Reply With Quote