Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #21
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Any bedrest tips? I'm 23w2d and on hospital bedrest for the rest of the pregnanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmomma View Post
Yay for making it to 24 weeks!!! That's great
That's what I was about to post! Every single day makes a difference when they are this early!

Andrea, I am so sorry that you are dealing with such a stressful situation. I was on bedrest for 8 days with my DD before they had to deliver her at 28 weeks. With my DS, I was on bedrest for 10 before they had to deliver him at 34 weeks. It's rough for sure but just try to hang in there and keep your little one in there baking as long as possible.

I read a ton, drew in my sketch book, and wrote in my journal. Does the hospital have decent cable? If not, can you get Hulu Plus on your laptop? There's also Pandora to help pass the time if music calms you.

Best of luck, Mama! I will be praying for you and your little one!

Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #22
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any bedrest tips? I'm 23w2d and on hospital bedrest for the rest of the pregnanc

Praying your LO stays put! I was on bedrest for about a month with DD, both hospital and home. I found visitors are the best way to keep your spirits up. Call everyone you know every day and pester them to just come hang out for an hour. I had about a dozen different friends and family who would come chat and visit, so it wasn't too much of a burden on any one person. I also watched way too much TV. I intended to scrapbook and write, but for some reason it never happened (I had to lay on my side, no sitting up, so that was part of it). ITA with the pp that said not to get your days and nights mixed up. I napped a lot in the beginning and started to get insomnia at night after a few weeks.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:18 AM   #23
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, I'm officially a preemie mom now. Jonathan was born at 25w5d, after 17 days of bedrest, by emergency c-section due to complete placental abruption. The blue part of his saga (linked in siggy) is the actual birth story, with the rest of it filled with all the other ups and downs.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #24
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Well, I'm officially a preemie mom now. Jonathan was born at 25w5d, after 17 days of bedrest, by emergency c-section due to complete placental abruption. The blue part of his saga (linked in siggy) is the actual birth story, with the rest of it filled with all the other ups and downs.
Congratulations on Jonathan's birth. He is absolutely beautiful and he looks like such a tough little guy! I know that being a Mom to a micropreemie is difficult but you have so many people from all over the world praying for you and Jonathan.

This book really helped me to stay positive during my 28 weeker's 3 month NICU stay. You may find it helpful as well.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20