Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
hokoonchi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Let's Talk Fertility Supplements

The ATTS thread got me thinking today. I know some of our ladies are drinking copious amounts of Fertilitea, and that others are popping evening primrose oil every time they walk in the kitchen.

I wanted to start a thread to discuss the supplements you ladies have taken, their effects, and their outcomes -- good or bad or neutral.

AFM, I take EPO to increase CM and red raspberry leaf to build lining while waiting to O. I also take a B complex vitamin, fish oil (also to increase CM and for my cholesterol) and grapefruit seed extract and acidophilus (to maintain healthy PH). So far, it hasn't seemed to have an effect, but we'll see!

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Re: Let's Talk Fertility Supplements

After two crazy long anov cycles with random spotting throughout, I started Vitex on cd3 of this cycle and got EWCM for the first time in a long time and O'd on CD13! Now I'm 16dpo and terrified to test, so don't know if it got me a bfp but it does seem to have gotten me to O! I was taking a b6 supplement while I was still nursing in hopes of helping my LP, but I ended up not really ovulating so I'm not sure if it would have helped or not. I quit taking it when I quit nursing so I don't have a lot of experience, but I know mamas on here have said it really helped their short LP's.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
jes750
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I like fertile aid (pills) by the same company that makes the fertile tea. I took them for my first ppaf cycle religiously and it was a regular cycle. I was really surprised since that was my first cycle in almost 4 years (got preg with ds2 without have a ppaf)
Our timing on that cycle was not good so no bfp.
Second ppaf cycle - I didn't take the pills for whatever reason until cycle day 18 rolled around and I still hadn't o'ed. I started taking the pills that day and o'ed a few days later. Got my BFP that cycle!
That stuff seriously increased my cm! Big time.
Its not super cheap but I would recommend it to anyone with cm issues for sure. It also seemed to help bring on ovulation with in a few days of starting it.

Last edited by jes750; 11-29-2011 at 11:52 AM.
jes750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am so very interested in hearing what others use! I have been taking a prenatal and B6 (100mg). This last cycle I also took 1000mg of EPO but I had scant EWCM, where the cycle before without the EPO I had tons of EWCM. So, I don't know if EPO is a good choice for me. I am interested in Fertili Tea and Vitex, but my understanding is if you already ovulate, than these don't really help you much. So much information and so overwhelmed by it all.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Christy, that's my understanding about the Fertili Tea and Vitex (which I think is the main ingredient in the tea) too. Seems like people who have the most success with them are people who are having trouble ovulating regularly or who ovulate really late in their cycle. I've heard stories of people with a regular O getting messed up when they tried them, so that's definitely something to look out for.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
psylion
Registered Users
seller

I have high FSH so I take a boatload of supplement to try to improve egg quality. I take a prenatal, b-complex, wheat grass, inisotal (sp?), royal jelly, largentine, DHA. I'm trying about trying maca this cycle too as I am on a rest cycle.

For the person who is taking grapefruit seed extract look into that. I am pretty sure it can keep embryo from implanting if you take it after O.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum