Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
does late ovulation always mean something?

I've seen several posts about others TTC who don't ovulate until day 20+ due to PCOS or other hormonal imbalances. Is this something that should always be checked out, or just kind of go with it for a while of TTC before having the OB involved?

Since I've started tracking, my cycle varies a bit: 1st cycle 32 days, then 37d, then 36d and this is one predicted to be 33d based on the ovuwatch signals) - Ovuview (tracking app) said "can't compute" due to the variation but my temp dips line up with the watch. I've Ovulated at 16d, 25d and now 20d this cycle... My LP went from 17d (first month off pill) to 21d to 11d so I have no idea what to expect now.
I have been on the pill except for when pregnant (got a surprise BFP with DS first month off) so I guess my body is still learning but I am also a little worried I should be looking into why I am so erratic.

ETA: I'm CD20 and Ovulated today of this cycle, so entering the 2WW but could be longer for me I guess.

mama to Asher(6) my cowgirl Skyler (3) , our furry kids; and wife to Doug since 10-23-05.

Last edited by oldandnew; 11-30-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: clarified current cycle info
oldandnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: does late ovulation always mean something?

It sounds like you've only been off the pill a few months, and I have heard it can take sometimes up to a year to regulate your cycles after being on the pill (although usually not that long). So at this point i wouldn't be too worried. Some people just have irregular cycles and it doesn't affect their fertility. I think it's normal to take 6 months to fall pregnant, even when things are perfectly timed, so I would definitely give it a few more months before getting too concerned. I have fallen twice while breastfeeding with extremely irregular cycles, ovulating all over the place with vastly different LPs, and have two babies to show for it. So if you aren't having any other issues then I would just wait a few more months and see what happens, hopefully by then you have your BFP!
Jen=mummy to L and S and A, my birthday thief, and one little baby-not-to-be 14/2/14
I sell patterns for OSFM covers and fitted diapers, please check out
jeebee is offline   Reply With Quote