Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #21
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't researched but is it safe to have two different incisions? I wonder if she will use the same uterine incision.

Advertisement

jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #22
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: *planned c-section* Help me make my birth plan!

I think the multiple scar thing depends on how well you heal. I have four distinctive, seperate scars about 1/4 in apart and can feel each and every one of them.

Make it very clear what you want as far as anesthesia, and recovery for you and the baby and tell your doctor, tell your nurse and tell the anesthesiologist. Don't do what I did and go unprepared for a complication. Pack more than 2 day's worth of stuff.

I did prefer the spinal over a epidural. You come out of it faster and with fewer side effects. If the baby is ok, your dh can and should be able to sit next to your head with the baby while you're sewn up so that you can be together until you are moved to recovery. They can get baby's stats in your postpartum room. My babies all went to nicu, I wasn't so lucky. If your doctor does a low transverse it will be no different for you than a primary c/s and it won't take 30min because you won't have scar tissue down there. uh what else... my arms weren't strapped down but I did have to keep them outstretched on the table. If you're prone to nausea and vomiting post surgery tell your doctor NOW so that they can order those drugs to be in the OR for you. As soon as you're laid flat they'll put in the catheter so if you aren't numb you can ask that they wait. Don't forget the camera and if dh gets too woozy to do it, ask a nurse. We had a nurse with ds1 who was a heck of a photographer. LOL! I got some awesome pics of connor coming out. You may sweat or shake uncontrollaby in recovery. It happened to me 2 out of the 4 times, mostly I think because those cesareans were so fast. Good luck!!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #23
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ill research the scar thing!
I remember when the nurse came to remove my staples she said i healed very well.. and so far ive been lucky to not have any pain or any discomfort along the scar i do have... does that mean anything good LOL

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:51 PM   #24
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmeow View Post

PP said that she freaked out about not having baby with her at all times because of the thought of family and everyone holding him/her before her.. HOLY cow im so stinkin selfish this is one of my biggest fears :X ... After DS was born I refused to let anyone have him... it was hard for me to let ANYONE have him in the hopsital or at home.. it took me weeks to let go of him.. i slept with him in my arms NO JOKE for the first 3 months... SO i reeeally need things to go smoothly.. I dont want to be so crazy this time
I don't think that's crazy or selfish! Although if I were a family member and I really wanted to hold your DS I would probably think so But I was the same way, IMO it's a mothering instinct. I didn't let close family visit for at least a week and no friends/extended family until 1 month. DD was born in Jan so I didn't want a bunch of sick people over sneezing and hacking on us

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #25
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Ill research the scar thing!
I remember when the nurse came to remove my staples she said i healed very well.. and so far ive been lucky to not have any pain or any discomfort along the scar i do have... does that mean anything good LOL
honestly I think if you're having a different type of incision this time it won't matter much.

One thing I forgot was that you should tell the nurses that you don't want your baby fed a bottle of formula while you are in recovery. They will often do that so that "mom can rest" but then baby falls asleep and goes into that birth-coma for hours and it's impossible to wake them to try that first bfing.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:35 AM   #26
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

PP said that she freaked out about not having baby with her at all times because of the thought of family and everyone holding him/her before her.. HOLY cow im so stinkin selfish this is one of my biggest fears :X ... After DS was born I refused to let anyone have him... it was hard for me to let ANYONE have him in the hopsital or at home.. it took me weeks to let go of him.. i slept with him in my arms NO JOKE for the first 3 months... SO i reeeally need things to go smoothly.. I dont want to be so crazy this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaChellsRun View Post
I don't think that's crazy or selfish! Although if I were a family member and I really wanted to hold your DS I would probably think so But I was the same way, IMO it's a mothering instinct. I didn't let close family visit for at least a week and no friends/extended family until 1 month. DD was born in Jan so I didn't want a bunch of sick people over sneezing and hacking on us
I agree- not at all selfish- geesh- you just spent 9 months gestating the little one, and have just had major surgery to deliver them. The very, very least the family can do is wait to hold the baby until after you have! Anyone who insists otherwise is the selfish one- you aren't having the baby for them- it's your baby!

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #27
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:

AH you ladies totally rock! im bumping this up for more ideas , stories and expierences!

sorry i suck at spelling!!
It was more for me feelign lonely. Here I am, they gutted me like a fish so they could take my baby out. I've been through the worst experience of my life, and I'm all alone for over an hour just waiting for the pain to hit when the spinal wore off. All I wanted was for her to be there, and everyone else in my family is off in another room fussing over her and I can't. I carried her, went though hell to bring her here and I'm the last to hold her. NOT FAIR. Most of them left before I came up too - I really felt abandoned.

Gods it was 4 years ago and I'm tearing up. I thought I was past this.

I respect your decision to do what you like with your body, no question. But after the experience I had I do NOT want another section and will move heaven and earth to see a vaginal birth happen. The idea of a repeat of that is almost more than I can bear.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #28
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinvillageiowa View Post
Just an FYI, 2nd sections usually take longer if they go through the old scar because they have to cut through all the scar tissue and adhesions. I was a doula for my friend and her 2nd c-section took like 40 min. longer just because they had to cut through all that stuff! So do whatever you have to in order to stay comfortable in case it takes longer.
I think it depends on how well you heal up, my first c/s, baby was out and I was in recovery 15 minutes after being cut open. My second cs was the same amount of time and the dr cut through my same scar.
This c/s I will have next month will also be through the same scar, I will be talking to this dr about that though since she is not the one who delivered my last two kids.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #29
SootheBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had two c-sections-both totally different experiences. My advice is to find a doctor you love and a hospital that will work with your needs.

As for the scar, my second doctor cut out my first scar when she made her incisions. The old scar tissue is gone, and I have a (much nicer looking) small line in its place.

Another last bit of advice: Do NOT get staples -- request stitches instead. My staple scar looked horrible and bumpy, but my new scar is barely noticable. Looks like a plastic surgeon did it!
SootheBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #30
Cristin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Are you familiar with "natural" c-sections? They are gaining popularity - thank goodness! Here's a great video that explains them. If I end up having to have another c-section, I'm definitely going to request this type of experience!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5RIcaK98Yg