Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

Managing stress related anovulation.

DH and I are getting ready to TTC in the new year and all of a sudden, I' stopped ovulating. I do have PCOS but for me that has always meant just ovulating late (like day 20-25). I only stop ovulating all together when I'm stressed. When I was working as a lawyer and was busy, 90+ day cycles were not uncommon. I've never had this problem otherwise. I have been busy with my part time job lately, but nowhere near as busy as with my old job.

I have a prescription for prometrium to end this cycle so I can hopefully get back on schedule, but I was wondering if anyone here has had any success overcoming stress induced anovulation. I've been charting to plan for DC #2 since it worked so well with DS. I charted for a year before trying to TTC then, and we got lucky the first cycle. Now, I've had nothing to chart for 3 months.

Advertisement

Layney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

Re: Managing stress related anovulation.

Nobody else dealing with this?

I'm at CD34 now with no ovulation yet. I looked back at my charts and though I've had a couple AFs, the last time I ovulated was July 30. I was hoping to TTC in the next couple months, but it looks like maybe that will be out of my control. As of tomorrow, I'll be done with work for a few weeks, so hopefully some R&R, sleep and some exercise will get things going again.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

I don't have stress related anovulation, but I do have PCOS. Which for me means I don't ovulate. At all. I tried diet and exercise for over a year before caving and going on the Metformin. The Metformin has at least caused me to have a period without needing the provera (which made me feel awful and didn't really work). I am now Clomid to induce ovulation.

I know for many, good sleep and exercise will be the key. I have also read that cutting back or removing carbs from your diet can make a big difference with PCOS. Maybe a round of the provera will be all you need to get things 'jump-started' again for you.

Sorry I can't really offer you any advice. You aren't alone in the non-ovulating world while TTC. I hope you find what helps you ASAP!!!

Best of Luck!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the response!

I have been referred to an endocrinologist to investigate metformin, but I still haven't gotten the appointment date. I didn't know about the carbs, so I will definitely cut those. Right now, I haven't slept in 3 days because I've got a big project to finish for work tomorrow. I am terrible for eating junk food when I'm tired and stressed, so I'm sure that's not helping.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
MommaTel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did, for me it was just a matter of regulating my life, removing the stress, and relaxing more, once I did that it took a couple months, and it seems to be back to normal, but it was months of nothing, once I removed the stress and taught myself to chill it took about 2 months to come back to normal, we are TTC #3 and hopefully Christmas will be out +HPT. I wish you all the best, and hope you receive you +HPT when you want it
MommaTel is offline   Reply With Quote