Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #21
March
Registered Users
seller

I personally can't profit from a gift, so I only ever donate things that were gifts that we no longer use, diapers or not. If I just got something on some crazy sale thinking I'd like it and then ended up selling it on, I'd list for whatever the market will bear.

Advertisement

March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #22
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it bad etiquette to:

I have a personal problem with "flipping" diapers (buying without the intention of using them and reselling for a profit). There are plenty of exceptions to this, but generally I think the condition is often misrepresented in these transactions. I sold a wool cover that was in well loved condition and saw it relisted a couple of weeks later as EUC and marked up significantly... ugh NO, that is unethical! I think this takes advantage of most buyer's reluctance to leave negative feedback. If you got a killer deal and then resell for fair market value later, that is totally different.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #23
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I personally wouldn't, but a lot of people do. Buying say, a goodmama new at retail and auctioning it off for over $100 is one thing, but it totally irks me when I see something I FFS (or gave totally free) or at a really low price on FSOT a week later. I can't say I've NEVER sold something for more than I paid since I don't keep records of how much I paid for something, but I would never do it intentionally and if I find a really good deal I tend to remember those items. I think buying something at a great deal JUST to sell it is dishonest and greedy. Just my
Old 12-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #24
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would not do it personally....if I get a good deal I like to pass it on.