Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
cloth4allofus
Banned

Seriously?? Stains!!

I have an older child that has PL'd who never stained a diaper my son stains EVERYTHING its always light staining but still is there anything I can do to help prevent this our wash routine is:
*spray poop off with diaper sprayer
*cold rinse w/ no detergent
*hot wash 2 TB tide detergent

Throw in the dryer! We used to do an extra rinse but don't need to anymore w/ the tide. If anyone has any suggestions please lmk this is driving me crazy I have some new diapers coming that I'd really like to keep clean. The only diapers that don't stain are minkee inners & our RAR

Advertisement

cloth4allofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:26 AM   #2
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My first thought was that 2 Tbsp doesn't sound like a lot, but I am not a Tide user so do not know what that equals on the scoop. Did you use Tide on your older child's diapers? If so, was it before the Ultra came to town and you used Original? The difference could be that. You might need to use more than 2 Tbsp to stop the staining. But again, not a Tide user, just grasping at ideas.

my phone thinks it's smart. pardon the typos.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
heidip2p
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Seriously?? Stains!!

I am the same way, I had oat one that never stained a single diaper and one that stained everything. I just stumbled up a wash/detergent routine that leaves us with zero stains.
I do a cold rinse
hot wash on my bright whites cycle + soak with Gain up to the 1 line and a splash of bleach.
It has taken stains out of diapers that had been there forever.
heidip2p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
cloth4allofus
Banned

I'll try that we did move so maybe the water is whats doing it too. We're using the same detergent as always before we had super soft water 2TBS was way more than enough.
cloth4allofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

I look over my diapers as I'm moving them to the dryer and anything that still has spots on it I sun. I's getting really cold here so I've been doing it thru the window but still works. I keep a spray bottle around and if I can still see anything after it's dry I just spray that spot with water and wait for it to dry again.