Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tell me about PUL allergies...

I think this might be baby girl's problem. I thought it was the detergent I was using, but I'm not seeing much difference with anything else. I use wool longies sometimes, but don't exclusively use them with fitteds as often I will use AIOs and pockets with them. I've mostly resorted to sposies lately due to the rash break outs we were getting in cloth. Didn't seem to matter what the inside material was in cloth, but generally she'd be better in sposies, but not totally keep the rash away. Today I decided to try using fitteds exclusively with just her fleece sleeper as the "cover" or putting an interlock cover over. She had a few slightly red areas to begin with (not bad, really) and they didn't get worse! Actually looked a little better. Even after being wet longer than she should have as dh didn't change her while I was gone for a couple hours. If she had been wet in PUL that long, her bottom would have looked pretty angry.

So I will continue to experiment here, but I'm leaning towards a PUL sensitivity now. I love my BGEs, Softbums and Sunbabies so I am bummed! I probably have enough fitteds, but not what I wanted to be using full time.

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

So sorry to hear that try wool for a whole day and see how that works out. Hope it gets better!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
MomBecks
Registered Users

Re: Tell me about PUL allergies...

That was my DD! We had to do all cotton and wool and she was fine but I almost gave up for trying so many different things. Hang in there!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son can't tolerate PUL. He gets rashy in his wet-zone, mainly above his boy bits. He does best with stay-dry inners and breathable fleece or wool covers, but can also handle cotton velour and OBV inners as long as he gets time in stay-dry as well. I don't think he has a PUL allergy, I think his skin just needs air circulation and not too much wetness.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we can't do PUL here. All natural fiber fitteds & wool for DS. I felt bad for the little guy b/c it took me 6m to realize that it was the PUL causing the problems.

when PUL touches his skin he gets a raised itchy rash. he had this rash on a stripe on his belly (from BGOS) & on his inner thighs where they touched the outer of his diaper. poor guy

though I'm really liking all wool. feels good to know the little guy is wearing something so natural.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
My son can't tolerate PUL. He gets rashy in his wet-zone, mainly above his boy bits. He does best with stay-dry inners and breathable fleece or wool covers, but can also handle cotton velour and OBV inners as long as he gets time in stay-dry as well. I don't think he has a PUL allergy, I think his skin just needs air circulation and not too much wetness.
this was my DD w/ PUL. I could still use it, but not all day. I had to rotate in some breathable diapers or she'd get really red and rashy.