Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #11
dazed81
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you use a diaper sprayer, what is your technique?

Quote:
Originally Posted by susansabrina View Post

Here is my setup. My homemade sprayer, a free icing bucket from the grocery store bakery, and a kids potty seat ring to hold it on the toilet. I had to wash my free bucket and cut a hole in the bottom but it works great. I know a regular 3g kitchen bucket will fit in it too. The inner ring is from the Safety 1st Comfy Potty Chair. I called Safety 1st customer number and asked to buy a replacement ring (not the padded seat but the ring that holds in onto the potty). They sent me one for $3. It works the same as the pricey potty pail.
Very cool idea. my next question, what did you use to cut a hole in the bottom? I have a bucket I can use but am not sure what to do to cut it out

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #12
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If there is ANYTHING flinging anywhere but the toilet, you are doing it wrong!!!! Hold the sprayer pointing straight down into the toilet, with the sprayer head at the rim of the toilet level. Move the diaper while keeping the sprayer still. I have a small foot pedal, lidded, removable bucket, $10 Target trash can next to the toilet. I never wring the diaper, just move it to the trashcan.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #13
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I usually flip the diaper and hold the top and bottom low in the toilet then spray it down. I have had some very minor splash back onto the toilet seat but only when the water pressure was too high.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #14
newmommy929
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed81 View Post
Very cool idea. my next question, what did you use to cut a hole in the bottom? I have a bucket I can use but am not sure what to do to cut it out
Love this...have thought about getting a diaper sprayer and doing something like this...but what to you do with the bucket after wards? Is there nasty poo water on the bottom of the bucket?
Old 12-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #15
november
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've never had a mess problem. I turn the diaper 'inside out', kind of, - I flip it backwards so the pul/cover is in the middle of a diaper 'U'. I pinch the top of each side of the diaper together with my left hand and spray with my right at the appropriate angle and never have any issues. Kind of hard to explain. The diaper ends up in a U shape where I'm pinching the tops of the diaper together (so it's inside out, the diaper inner is facing 100% outward).

november is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #16
november
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
And because I can't even understand my own explanation in writing, here is what I mean, lol :

ForumRunner_20111204_220623.jpg

Sent from my Droid using DS Forum

november is offline   Reply With Quote