Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Fleece Pocket Diapers

Anyone used these? I am curious about how they perform, without any PUL. What do you stuff them with & how do they hold up? Any specific brands or good WAHM-made ones that are not too expensive?

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Fleece Pocket Diapers

We use Drybees Fleece Night Time Pockets for overnight. They are bulky due to the heavy duty outer fleece but they are meant to be a night time diaper (or heavy wetter diaper) so the bulk is understandable. My son isn't a super heavy wetter so we just use a large microfiber insert and a large thirsties hemp insert. If he was a heavy wetter I would use a thirsties hemp prefold with the microfiber instead.

Since Fleece is only water resistant (not waterproof) you need to put the hemp layer as the outer layer inside the pocket and not the microfiber since microfiber is prone to compression leaking (think squeezing a sponge).

Anytime DS had a rash, using this diaper overnight significantly helped the healing process since he would wake up bone dry in it (in some PUL night combos, he would be slightly clammy in the morning).

I use Carters fleece pants as pajama bottoms over this too.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We use fleece DryBees at night. I stuff with an XL BabyKicks hemp PF and, lately, a BabyKicks large hemp insert too. Fleece is great because it allows air to circulate. It can compression leak if the insert is soaked, so it's better to stick with natural fiber inserts rather than microfiber (which is kind of sponge-like and will wring itself out easily with pressure) and don't let the diaper get soaked.

For daytime, and sometimes nights, I ADORE breathable Preston's Pants. You can get them with fleece or minky/fleece. I have and love both. I use the cotton fleece snake-style inserts that PPs offers, except for one that I got FSOT w/o an insert. In that diaper I use a Hemp Babies flat and it is sposie-trim. LOVE it! The only reason I do not use these regularly at night is they are the "daddy stash/babysitter stash" diapers (but I use them too ). Also when my toddler is in a cranky mood I'll let him pick a diaper and he invariably chooses a Preston's breathable minky. If I could trade my fleece DryBees for fleece Preston's I would TOTALLY do it. But I digress...

I also like fleece Green Acre Designs. They are generally our go-to naptime diaper. I stuff them with a premium PF. I'm not sure why I stick with GADs at naptime, it's just been what I do, but now that my son only takes one nap/day I do use GADs during the day. They are bulky stuffed with a PF but so cute (side snaps are my fav).

Lastly I have me-made fleece pockets based on the free RRP pattern. I like them but my toddler (2 1/2) is starting to outgrow the rise. I use me-made hemp fleece inserts in these.

Overall I think fleece performs pretty well. We can't do PUL w/o having rash problems, so it's not really an option. I also use pocket fitteds with fleece covers, but fleece pockets are the easiest diaper we have.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:43 AM   #4
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

We had a couple of WAHM-made fleece pockets when DD was very small that we liked, & so we got a Lollidoos fleece pocket. I love it...it's a bit bulky, but it's a really nice option to have--breathable & easy. If I could afford to redo the whole stash, there would definitely be more fleece pockets .
Old 12-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #5
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is so helpful! I'm going to be busy looking up these different brands!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
garischa
Registered Users
seller

I also like fleece. It has to be good quality fleece though. There are huge differences in the quality of fleece that can be bought. I tend to use fleece and wool around the house more and PUL when we are out.

Uli
garischa is offline   Reply With Quote