Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
rylandsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
when do you ovulate?

So I had my Mirena removed July 30th and Hubby and I have been trying for another. My cycle was all jacked up and weird. I hadnt gotten a period since september, but I continued taking OTests. I got a postive on November 20. Well today I finally got a period not exactly what I wanted but atleast my cycle is regulating. Anyways that puts me at what 12 days after O? Isnt that kindof short? I started a fertility tracker but that thing just confuses me.

Advertisement

rylandsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: when do you ovulate?

I think 12 is fine. My last 2 cycles have been an LP of 12 days and the one before that was 10 days. Beyond those 3 cycles, I don't know. Hope others can give you some insight too!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #3
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ovulation tests tell you 24-48 hours BEFORE you ovulate. So if you got a positive ovulation test on the 20th, you probably ovulated on the 21st or 22nd. You luteal phase needs to be 10 days or more (many Drs say 11 days+) in order to sustain a pregnancy. Since your cycles were a little wacky, your body may just be adjusting back and need time. B6 and natural progesterone cream are both great ways to lengthen your LP. You can take B6 everyday. Start using natural progesterone cream only AFTER you've ovulated. You definitely *can* get pregnant with a 10-11 day LP, but you're chances are better if it's longer. Hope this helps!
Old 12-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
psylion
Registered Users
seller

Try B6 it helped me go from a 7 day LP to 12 day LP. It is also supposed to help with morning sickness, so if you get that BFP it cant hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 12-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
rylandsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you ladies!
rylandsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
rachelrhin0
Registered Users
seller

I ovulate on CD15 and sometimes CD16 and I always have a LP of 13.
rachelrhin0 is offline   Reply With Quote