Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
thecraftybandita
Registered
seller

My Mood:
:UPDATED: A little freaked out...

Hey there gals! Just wanted to post an update...I'm just fine! Had my first ultrasound yesterday, and I'm 7 weeks and 4 days. Lookin' good. Actually feeling great, aside from being TIRRRREDDD! The cramping/discomfort I'd been having subsided and my ob/gyn told me that it's usually more intense in subsequent pregnancies.
Anyhow, just wanted to post this in case anyone else is wondering the same things I was

Well, good evening ladies-
Looking for a little feedback, so here's the deal.

-I have one wonderful, healthy 2 1/2 year old girl. My pregnancy and delivery with her was nothing short of hellish.
-I had a 'missed' miscarriage last summer, at 11 weeks. Didn't really have any pregnancy symptoms. (There was an apparent abnormality with the baby in an ultrasound I had)
-I am currently about 5 weeks pregnant. I'm huge already...I've gained 5 lbs, all in my bump.

Ok...so I am surprised at how positive I've been considering the loss we experienced last year. Trying to treat this pregnancy like it's own thing, and not stress out/be paranoid. But...
I need to hear a bit from others with experience. I am having a lot of continuous abdominal discomfort. I was thinking that it was just like the stretching/soreness I experienced with my first baby, but this feels more predominant on my left side. It borders on pain at times. Also, I had a teensy-tiny tan/brown spot when I over did it at work 2 days ago, but nothing since then. Everything has been normal 'down there'. Sex is not comfy. And I am super pregnant, hormonally (my boobs are killin' me, nausea, etc).
Anyhow, any advice. I am not scheduled to see the OB until the 5th, but my hub's wants me to call in the morning to tell her how I feel, which I plan to do. But I just wondered if anyone out there can give me any clues as to whether this is all normal stuff.

So please kindly reply. I could really use the feedback

Advertisement

I'M SHANLIE...CRAFTER, HOMESCHOOL MOM, AND THRIFT STORE JUNKIE. WIFE OF 7 YEARS TO MY DARLIN', LEE. MAMA TO CORAL, BORN 4/09 AND FERN MAY, BORN 7/12 . MISSING OUR LOST LITTLE ONE, 8/10. I LOVE TRADES!!! ISO/IHA.

Last edited by thecraftybandita; 12-06-2011 at 08:08 PM.
thecraftybandita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: A little freaked out...

it's so hard when you've had a loss to "connect" and think everything is okay with this current pregnancy.

I'm thinking that those pains are most likely just "normal" pregnancy growth pains. I would say drink drink and drink some more water.

Maybe there is a possibility that you are further along then you think or maybe there's more than one

good luck!
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

from 4 1/2 weeks until maybe last week, i had painish-uncomfortableness(is that word?) on only my left side. but i've since had two ultrasounds confirming baby is in the uterus and that i actually O'd from my right(which left the cyst) so....for me, the pain on my left was just growing pains. It has since stopped, and now I get the feeling more on the right. Guessing its just your body preparing for the long haul, mama!!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
Go with your gut.

I had a DS mama make one comment about how dark the lines on my pregnancy test was and it spiraled into me connecting dots and going to my OB to find out I was having a molar pregnancy.

Trust yourself. Chances are if you're asking people here, you're nervous. You have nothing to lose calling your DR.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 11-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
thecraftybandita
Registered
seller

My Mood:

excellent, excellent advice mams! thank you so much!
i actually have felt phenomenal today, and i talked to a friend who is a mom of 3, experienced nurse and doula and she really helped to ease my mind. my drs appointment is next week, so unless i start to feel really awful, i think i'll wait until then
thanks again everyone!
I'M SHANLIE...CRAFTER, HOMESCHOOL MOM, AND THRIFT STORE JUNKIE. WIFE OF 7 YEARS TO MY DARLIN', LEE. MAMA TO CORAL, BORN 4/09 AND FERN MAY, BORN 7/12 . MISSING OUR LOST LITTLE ONE, 8/10. I LOVE TRADES!!! ISO/IHA.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
thecraftybandita
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: :UPDATED: A little freaked out...

updated
Old 12-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #7
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: :UPDATED: A little freaked out...

That's a great update! Yay!

I am sitting here feeling funky belly pains right now too, but I tell myself that those little beans are just doing their growing thing! And I know exactly how you feel after having a miscarriage - I am worrying over every little thing and making way too many comparisons - and mine was over 6 years ago. Right now this pregnancy is following along very similarly to that one, but I am trying hard not to let it stress me - that doesn't help anyone!

What is your due date? I think I am 7w4d today too! Glad you are feeling great! I also am crazy tired and have been taking daily naps on the couch lulled to sleep by the sound of my dishwasher! heehee!

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote