Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
jcgreenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
To purge or not to purge....

Maternity Clothes and nursing tops/bras...

I *think* we are done... although sometimes I really want to have another, and on occasion DH will make a comment about that possibility. I know that if we don't do it in the next year or so I'm done unless we adopt (I'm not exactly a spring chicken) and I just don't know what to do about my maternity/nursing clothes. I am hanging on to major baby items b/c even if we don't use it for another one my SIL will when she goes for #2, but she's not even close to my size for maternity wear. I hate to get rid of it and then have to re-buy (especially since you wear it for such a short time) but I also hate storing it and even if we do have another there's no guarantee it will be the same time of year. I have this same struggle with DS's baby clothes... though I have a cousin and a great-nephew (yeah you read right, we have some huge age gaps in our family ) that I selectively pass my "non-favorites" on to, which helps a lot. What do I do??

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sell them! what size? I might be interested. I wouldn't keep any unless you plan to have another within the next 2years

Sent from my EVO 4G using DS Forum
Old 12-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
dpelephant
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: To purge or not to purge....

I have had the same debate with myself. Then I figured, "if" we do have another, who knows if the seasons will be the same and by that point I am sure the styles will be totally different and you will want new clothes anyway. You can always find maternity clothes fairly cheaply if you do need them.
Free up the closet space!

I earn extra $ with Swagbucks and Ebates! Join me
dpelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Keep them unless you are on serious bc or want another baby. I am not joking. We purged the last of our baby gear & my maternity clothes in early February. I am just now sitting down to eat lunch after feeding my 3 week old. Pretty sure getting rid of baby or maternity stuff is almost a guarantee to get pregnant.

ETA: I am fine with purging this time around though. This baby factory is closed.

Last edited by P!nkPepper; 12-08-2011 at 11:24 AM.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

I got rid of anything I really didn't love. I DO want more BUT I don't know for sure if we will have more or not (gotta work on getting DH on board). I don't want to store stuff I don't love though.

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #6
jcgreenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby
I got rid of anything I really didn't love. I DO want more BUT I don't know for sure if we will have more or not (gotta work on getting DH on board). I don't want to store stuff I don't love though.
I think this may be my compromise... Keeping stuff like jeans and other basics along with a couple things I really loved and sell the rest. Soooo if anyone wants small/med maternity stuff....
Old 12-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgreenmama View Post
I think this may be my compromise... Keeping stuff like jeans and other basics along with a couple things I really loved and sell the rest. Soooo if anyone wants small/med maternity stuff....
PM me pics
Old 12-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
jcgreenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky5306

PM me pics
Will do, though it may be over the weekend... Providing I can find the bin in the storage room

Last edited by jcgreenmama; 12-09-2011 at 03:54 AM.
jcgreenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #9
OurAllenBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got rid of anything I didn't LOVE, and then I store the rest of the maternity clothing and baby clothes in the attic. If I didn't have the attic space I think I would have to let go and donate. We want more kids but it just may not be in the cards for us.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #10
zuzu822
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got rid of it all last December after DS3 was born. I'm fairly certain we'll have one more, but I couldn't even stand the look of them anymore and we were moving so it seemed like a good time. I donated them to our local crisis pregnancy center.

I do sometimes miss a few pieces and think that I'll never find things I liked as much if I'm PG again. I had one pair of great jeans that got me through all three times, but overall I don't regret it.
zuzu822 is offline   Reply With Quote