Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool Overnight Questions

Noranuks, does a wool pad need to be lanolinized? Could you do a rather large custom? Like the size of a queen sized bed? If so how much would it be?

I have thought about crocheting one for myself, but I only crochet okay, not well.

Advertisement

NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #12
noranuks
Registered Users

I could probably piece one, but it might get pricy. I found a larger one here, but if you want full bed size I would recommend a felted and lanolized wool blanket. You can check thrift stores, or this Artfire shop sometimes has wool blankets for around $20. If you're interested having one pieced, just let me know and I'll try to do some pricing for you. Good luck mama!

** Soakers, wool changing pads, legging style longies, holiday longies and NEW cargo style longies! Use coupon code dsmama for free shipping!! Happy Holidays!
noranuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:04 AM   #13
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We use a ME Sandy's with doubler and a thick bamboo insert. The only wool cover we have ATM (waiting on some more) is a Kissaluv's Wool Lover and we haven't had any LEAKS as such, but it's felt wet before; I lanolized it with a bunch more lanolin and that seemed to fix the issue.

I would say you probably don't have enough absorbency... Our PUL covers do a better job at MASKING leaks, iykwim? The pee is contained better because the PUL is waterproof, whereas wool isn't and allows the moisture to build up and seep through if there isn't any more diaper to absorb it.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
lilylouhoo
Registered Users
Formerly: lilylouwho
seller
seller

I only skimmed the replies but I would suggest trying a different brand of lanolin. When my sbish longs leaked I asked the folks on the sbish fb page about it and they said many people have trouble with certain brands of lanolin. Medela and lansinoh were two of the ones they mentioned. I am trying sheepish grins now and hopefully that works better.

I use sbish snapless overnight and that works well so far.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:59 AM   #15
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

We use a Kissas Wool Lover Cover and it works wonderfully! As a backup for when it's drying after being washed, we use Loveybums wraps and those also work really well, but I prefer a Kissas because it has a higher rise and all. We use a Mother-Ease diaper with a Chelory zorb insert trifolded and a mother-ease bamboo terry insert on top to keep him feeling dry (stay dry gives rashes). No leaks at all unless my husband snaps the diaper too loosely and the leg holes really gape. We fixed that issue though.

For lanolizing I use CJ's and so far I've had no problems. On night covers I use a pump and a half in the amount to make sure it's thoroughly lanolized.

Last edited by blueone; 12-02-2011 at 06:02 AM.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #16
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilylouwho View Post
I only skimmed the replies but I would suggest trying a different brand of lanolin. When my sbish longs leaked I asked the folks on the sbish fb page about it and they said many people have trouble with certain brands of lanolin. Medela and lansinoh were two of the ones they mentioned. I am trying sheepish grins now and hopefully that works better.

I use sbish snapless overnight and that works well so far.
I have heard that about sbish wool and lanolin before. I am thinking about buying some Sheepish grins too.
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #17
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For wool puddle pads, check out the clearance section at foamorder.com. I have gotten all of mine from there.
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #18
rachelss
Registered Users
seller

We were getting wicking until I relanolized with way more lanolin than recommended. The wool was so lanolized it was sticky at first, but everything stays dry now. Dissolve the lanolin in a jar of hot water with some euclan then add to tepid water.

We use a GMD small prefold or flat-plus-cloth-wipe-doubler (snappi'd).
rachelss is offline   Reply With Quote