Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2011, 04:40 AM   #1
babykp08
Registered Users
seller

Files are tackled!

So it is 6:30 a.m. on Saturday and I'm finished decluttering and organizing all our home files! Guess that's what reading this forum before falling asleep does : ) I was up at 5 a.m. ready to tackle something. I have a box full of items to recycle, another to shred, emptied one drawer entirely and have everything stored neatly in one drawer of our filing cabinet! Making major progress toward getting the enormous, but completely unused other than to hold junk, computer desk out of our house! Hooray!! Thanks ladies for all the motivation and encouragement on this forum!

Advertisement

babykp08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:21 AM   #2
Riverleaf1772
Registered Users
seller

Re: Files are tackled!

Yay! You go!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:27 AM   #3
carlaross
Registered Users
seller

I'm very impressed that you could do all of your files and paperwork in 1.5 hours!!

All of our current stuff is in one place mostly - the file cabinet is in the closet, so everything is in that closet (some just tossed in baskets, etc.) - but we also have bins in the attic of older paperwork, business paperwork (that I cant purge yet), and kids school stuff. DH also has a briefcase in his closet of his paperwork....and he's a packrat, so there are stacks of mail, bills, receipts, etc. in his closet, on his dresser, in his nightstand drawer......It would take me a few days to organize it all again and purge. We are in our late 30s, have six kids (he has three from previous marriage), so we have lots of years of collecting paperwork! You rock mama!
carlaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
babykp08
Registered Users
seller

Thanks mamas! Getting the paperwork in order was motivating. I spent every spare minute this weekend in the "office" in our basement. Our basement isn't finished except for one room which really just became the dumping ground for everything and some storage. I purged like crazy. In addition to the paperwork, I gave away our elliptical machine, emptied a dresser which I will sell or donate, almost emptied the enormous and unused computer desk (which I can not wait to give to anyone who will take it ), cleared a shelf and a half of the bookcase, emptied half a shelf in the storage closet and have lots of boxes to donate! Just in time too because we may be getting a new foster placement, so we will need to make the room in the basement a dedicated play space to give the foster child the third bedroom (it is currently the boys playspace).
babykp08 is offline   Reply With Quote