Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #11
delore
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lanolin and woolies.. the diff kinds QUESTION (teach me!)

I started out using Lansinoh lanolin (I assume the old kind since it was over a year ago) and when that ran out I went to Sheepish Grins solid lanolin, which comes in a tub. I found that I had to use more of the Sheepish Grins lanolin then what I was using when I lanolized with Lansinoh. I'm not sure why. But by increasing the amount to the point where the inside of the woolies was a bit sticky after lanolizing, that did the trick. The stickiness always went away after the first wear.

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #12
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delore View Post
I started out using Lansinoh lanolin (I assume the old kind since it was over a year ago) and when that ran out I went to Sheepish Grins solid lanolin, which comes in a tub. I found that I had to use more of the Sheepish Grins lanolin then what I was using when I lanolized with Lansinoh. I'm not sure why. But by increasing the amount to the point where the inside of the woolies was a bit sticky after lanolizing, that did the trick. The stickiness always went away after the first wear.
Well that was my next question! I took someones advice and used MORE lanolin.. I couldnt bring myself to use a whole teaspoon tho.. TO MUCH i thought.. so I used about half of that.. and OMG there was SO much in the water.. and the woolies were all sticky after.. BUT your right.. it goes away after the first use.. it scared the poo outa me tho ..i was like OH NO i ruined my woolies! Next time..I think i wont use as much :X

Jessica- mama to 3 boys and a girl in march!

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #13
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmeow

Well that was my next question! I took someones advice and used MORE lanolin.. I couldnt bring myself to use a whole teaspoon tho.. TO MUCH i thought.. so I used about half of that.. and OMG there was SO much in the water.. and the woolies were all sticky after.. BUT your right.. it goes away after the first use.. it scared the poo outa me tho ..i was like OH NO i ruined my woolies! Next time..I think i wont use as much :X

When I use solid lanolin, I put it in a bottle with a mild soap and some hot, hot water and shake. It dissolves the lanolin and the mix becomes creamy. When you squirt it in the water, the lanolin isn't all over like usual.

~~~~~~~
Don't worry, it's autocorrect, I know how to type in English. ;p

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #14
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmeow

A lot of people like to lanolize to stickiness regularly... I lanolized some new-to-us wool the other day and used a lot more lanolin than usual and man was the wool sticky in the water! After it dried it was fine though! I just worried because if it remains sticky to go on DD, DH won't touch it!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #15
Queen_Celeste
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I stick with lanoshish/boob lanolin.
Queen_Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #16
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use a baby food jar that ive had for a while.. and put the lanolin in there and use SUPER DUPER hot water to melt it tooo.. ive had the same jar for a year and a half I didnt know what else to use so i took the jar from my niece LOL

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote