Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #21
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ugh...what would you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
Try your first cycle as a cold wash- warm can set stains as well as odor. I also wouldn't add anything to your initial rinse. Try your additional rinse in hot water and see what happens.
I also use a squirt of original blue Dawn to every long hot wash in addition to my Tide.
I used to do a cold cycle to start, but it actually was worse. I think bleach works better in warm water. I've tried a lot of different wash routines, and have had the most luck with this one. Doing a hot cycle at the end is an idea though, I've never done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeacefulway View Post
Is your machine rinsing enough? I think some ammonia issues are caused by poor rinsing in the machine. I often will add some extra water before the cycle and then run and extra rinse too. No stink/ammonia issues whatsoever.
It is a water saver. I used to add buckets and buckets of water to my rinses, but honestly, it's just not worth it. Too time consuming - which is why I do an extra cycle at the end instead of a rinse. It seems to get all the bubbles out.

Advertisement