Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Wool and damp sleeper

I am trying to use a disana wool soaker for night time. My baby is 4 weeks. I use it over a newborn ME sandy's. Over that I put a longsleeved onsie (it's big for her so it's not tight on the soaker) and a cotton sleeper and then she's in a grobag. I put the onsie and sleeper to keep her arms warm but I use cotton so she doesn't overheat. The bedroom is about 19 degrees at night. But in the morning her sleeper is damp. The soaker is damp but the sandy's isn't soaked. Can I not put cotton over wool? I felted the soaker and lanolized it twice. What should I dress her in? I'm afriad fleece would be too warm and I'd have to go out and buy some fleece sleepers or pants.

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 12-13-2011 at 08:05 AM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
mamIIboys
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Wool and damp sleeper

You might need to add a doubler or size up from newborn diaper for night. My DD sized out of the absorbancy of NB diapers at night around 4 weeks but could still wear them durring the day through about 6 weeks. Even at 6 weeks they looked like they still fit they just weren't absorbant enough.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

The sandy's isn't that wet though.
What do most people in cold climates put over their wool soaker at night?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
hibiscus869
Registered Users

We use fleece footie pajamas over our pajamas at night, but we've also used cotton so I don't think it makes a difference. If it were me I'd try lanolizing the cover again, with a good full teaspoon or more of lanolin. They say to use a pea size amount but that is not enough IMO, I use a lot. I don't mind if the soaker is a tad sticky- I figure that means it's more water resistant.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We do longies at night. However, Cayden wore cotton jammies over his wool. The only 2 things I can think of is wool is only as good as the dipes absorbency under it and it may not have gotten lanilised enough. Not really sure here. Perhaps your lo urinates so fast that it doesn't have a chance to absorb? I would try a booster and if it happened again, I would relanolise. Wish I could be more helpfull, but we have never had any wool leaks?
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I put cotton PJ's over Disana covers on both boys at night. On my big boy, the pants are a bit tight around the cover. Both boys are usually soaked in the morning, but covers and PJ pants are always dry on the outside.

But I do have Disana leggings on the way to use for PJ pants at night as well.
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote