Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #21
SelenaJean
Registered Users

Re: Not sure what to try next det wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1025 View Post
Hopefully the new detergent table I released can help (?).
I wonder if a good machine clean would help. I use affresh to regularly clean my machine. My hubby pulled out the innerds of our machine and found nastiness in there. Once we cleaned it and continue to maintain it, the nastiness went away.
Do you have hard water? If so, I found that a tablespoon of washing soda helped.
Also, in between each of these washes, are you doing a thorough strip of your diapers, to make sure you start from scratch? Hope that helps.
I have not ever cleaned my washer, I'll look into the affresh. I do strip my diapers when I switch dets so I know old build up is not an issue when I've tried different things. I do use washing soda already. I've also tried adding bac-out to the first prewash/rinse and I spray my rinsed poo diapers with it. I need to wash diapers again so I'm going to try the warm prewash with det. instead of doing the cold wash first and see how it goes. I saw that lulus scored high in your chart but I'm nervous to try it since I had such a terrible experience with rng. A local shop sells it and tried to get me to buy some.

Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #22
gracie1025
Registered Users
seller

Good luck. I know that can be soooo frustrating.

I tried everything and finally settled on either using

* Tide Original
OR
* Country Save with 1T Washing soda

Things took a dramatic turn when I changed the settings on my machine. I now to 1 cold rinse and then just 1 cycle of the "Whitest Whites."

Good luck!
Padded Tush Stats reviews are based on survey responses from many mamas and are sorted based on different baby characteristics (heavy wetter, chunky, etc). Come fill out a quick survey or check out a review! http://www.paddedtushstats.com/
gracie1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #23
nappymaven812
Registered Users

Have you tryed baking soda in the wash and vinigar in the first rinse? It seem so freshen things up and works well in conjuction with Tide.
nappymaven812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #24
SelenaJean
Registered Users

Okay, I did my usual routine with tide(up to 1 line), scoop of oxi and washing soda plus I added 1/4 cup bleach. I also did a warm rinse with a little tide first before the regular wash. I'm now on my third hot rinse(I keep starting the wash over so I can do hot rinses) and it's full of suds! So is my overall problem detergent buildup? I have a top loader and can use a lot of water so that is not an issue. This is so frustrating! If I use enough det to get the diapers clean I seriously have to do several hot rinses but if I use a smaller amount they do not get clean.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 AM   #25
mrsashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sounds like plenty of detergent. Have you tried boiling them? I've done it once and there was a lot of residue! It's a bit of work if you have a big stash but really gets them rinsed well.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #26
SelenaJean
Registered Users

Well after 7 hot rinses they were finally suds free! I just checked the dryer after drying them part way and no stink whoo hoo! So I guess tide is okay but builds up for me after awhile? Before I tried the full scoop I was using 2 heaping TBS and this last time I tried up to the 1 line. So a full scoop is way too much but 2 TBS seems to be too little. Or I just need to strip periodically. I wish I could just find a det that worked, did not need a million rinses or build up
Old 12-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #27
nappymaven812
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelenaJean View Post
Well after 7 hot rinses they were finally suds free! I just checked the dryer after drying them part way and no stink whoo hoo! So I guess tide is okay but builds up for me after awhile? Before I tried the full scoop I was using 2 heaping TBS and this last time I tried up to the 1 line. So a full scoop is way too much but 2 TBS seems to be too little. Or I just need to strip periodically. I wish I could just find a det that worked, did not need a million rinses or build up
Back when I had a draditional top loader I had to scrape the suds off the water (while wearing gloves) after the wash stoped agitating and before it drained. I know it will mean that you have to figure out how long it takes to get to that point, then go and do that but it was worth it for me because I didn't have to rinse more than twice.
nappymaven812 is offline   Reply With Quote