Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: C/S tips on recovering from a cesarean

Is the belly band the same as the postpartum support belt?
I am getting a PP support belt this time, hoping that helps my stomach feel better while trying to get in and out of bed and for walking.

Advertisement

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #12
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
Is the belly band the same as the postpartum support belt?
I am getting a PP support belt this time, hoping that helps my stomach feel better while trying to get in and out of bed and for walking.
The belt is a firmer support than the belly band. I used a PP belt and it helped a ton.

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #13
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

I second the stool softeners! I am sensitive to the constipating effects of vicodin and the pain from the first bowel movement was almost as bad as the pain from being in labor. Ouch! If it gets that bad again I am going for some suppositories.

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #14
tryinforthree
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion
I second the stool softeners! I am sensitive to the constipating effects of vicodin and the pain from the first bowel movement was almost as bad as the pain from being in labor. Ouch! If it gets that bad again I am going for some suppositories.
I had the suppositories and didn't have any more luck with those than with the pills. I wish I could say that I did but I still had a bm that I swear I could have pushed my baby out easier than!

Sent from my sprint evo3d please look past my auto correct!
Wife to an overworked spoiled hubby who is a major brat! DS who is 9 loves to blame the little one DD who is 3 and my drama baby There is always an adventure to be had with them We are currently expecting number 3
tryinforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #15
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Thanks mama, My insurance is paying for a pp support belt, so I am hoping it works well.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #16
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh also, I slept with two pillows at my head, one at my knees and a body pillow going across the lot of it.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #17
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

I asked for the meds as soon as I could have them again in the hospital but once I was home I realize I really didn't need them any more. I did need them to ride in the car...the slightest bump could seriously hurt!

I begged people not to make me laugh because that seriously hurt. I also didn't do any of the things the doctor said not to like vacuuming, climbing stairs, driving for 2 weeks afterwards.

I say I was feeling myself after about 3 or 4 days and was up and doing everything as needed!
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:42 AM   #18
magoose
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmeow View Post
A belly band? will it annoy the insision? OOOH these are great ideas ladies!!!

I didnt like the way the pain meds made me feel.. do you have to worry about them while nursing.. i know they say you dont.. but really does anyone know the scoop? this was my next thing to research! they gave me morphine untill they took my ivs out.. I dont remember how long i got it for.. BUT they wanted to push the button more then i needed it.. I didnt like that part... I have a high pain tolerance.. then while out of the hospital they gave me percoset... they told me to take 2. .. i wound up taking 1-1.5 for the first few days home.. ( i wasnt pro at getting up ill have to use less muscles this time!! ) and then i dropped it down to a half of one bc of the way it made me feel and tried to stick to the ibuprofen ... i was so scared it was going to get to the baby through my milk.. someone clear my mind of this.. I SO want to be outa bed asap!
The hospital where I live, only gives you extra strength tylenol and ibuprofen after delivering, vag or c/s (this is in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada). You can have T#3's if you need something stronger. After DS's birth, I had a pain control pump with morphine, but i used it for about the first 12 hours or so, then I didn't want it anymore and just used tylenol and ibuprofen. I was fine with that and didn't have any problems with constipation or anything afterwards.

These tips are great! I found it very painful and tough to get around. I'm a bit more worried this time about caring for a newborn and DS. DS is a super mamas boy so it's going to be hard not to hold or carry him or play with him like I'm used to. Anyone have any tips on how to care for a toddler while recovering from a c/s?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:06 AM   #19
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Avoid any food thats give you gas. The gas pressure presses against the incision and causes discomfort.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #20
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

In Germany they only give pain meds the first 12 hours and then only ibuprofen. Which they then try to wean to less each day. Next time if I have another c section I will take my own ibuprofen so that I can take full doses, which my midwife suggested after the fact, thanks.