Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #11
PerfectFifth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hey, where did this forum come from?

After having an induction for toxemia ending with a C, I found out that DS's birth story was almost a carbon copy of mine when I was born. Scary. Four out of five of my mom's kids were born c-section, and I recently found out that HER mom had c's, too. If I ever have any girls, I hope they get the birthing genes from DH's side!!

Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 05:32 AM   #12
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSG View Post
Yuck mama! Did you end up with a not so voluntary hysterectomy too?
No, and despite being so early and them doing the surgery so fast (in just three minutes), it was a transverse c-section.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #13
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
No, and despite being so early and them doing the surgery so fast (in just three minutes), it was a transverse c-section.
Wow mama, you've through a lot! You and your family are in my prayers.

My 1st was a c-section after 36 hours of labor and stalling at 5cm. Water broke at 38.5wks w/out contractions so I got a bunch of pit. Second was going to be a VBAC, but after going 9 days over and my doctor and me not wanting to do pit again I elected a c-section and had a great experience! Honestly, now I have no desire to give birth vaginally. Our 3rd baby, whenever that happens, will be a secheduled c-section between 39 and 40wks.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #14
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendaRN

I agree. I sometimes feel in the cloth diapering community, that I should be expected to have a natural childbirth and go for the VBAC. As much as I would love to, it's just not in the cards for me. I had a c/s with DS, and will have another for this baby. It's really nice to have a place where were can support each other and help each other out when it comes to c/s without being made to feel bad about not having a vaginal birth.
Well said mama! I feel exactly the same - having a c/s doesn't make me any less crunchy, lol.

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own

Last edited by treegirl75; 12-15-2011 at 12:31 PM.
treegirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #15
eli'smama
Registered Users
seller

I am so glad to have a place where we can support each other. I have always been afraid to post c/s questions on the regular boards because I didnt want to be attacked!!!

My first was after 36 hours of labor and only progressing to 3cm and I think the nurse was being generous My DS was presenting face up with his chin to his chest so really he was trying to present the back of his neck/shoulders... just was not going to happen.

With this one I considered a VBAC (mostly because of the pressure I felt from others to have one) but the closest hospital I can get one at is almost 2 hours away and just cant justify all the travel for appts not to mention when I am in labor.

I am now VERY ok with my decision for a repeat with this LO and cannot wait till they arrive in May! It will be nice to be able to plan childcare and time off from work for my hubby too...
Old 12-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #16
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I was pressured into a c-section by a cut happy OB who no longer practices around here. I am not happy about it, I never have been. I was desperately hoping for a VBAC, but apparently I have placenta previa, so unless DD2's placenta moves in the next four months, I'll be having a RCS in April. I don't have a problem with c-sections, I just wasn't happy with the circumstances around mine. I've more at peace with the idea of this second section, because I know that in this case it's how it HAS to be. Doesn't mean I'm giving up hoping that her placenta moves though.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #17
BBBmOm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm so happy this forum actually happened!! I never share my birth stories bc of the stigma of cs on here.

DD was an emergent at 35 weeks. I had been on bed rest since 29. Low amniotic fluid without a leak. Went for normal us check and her fluid had completely diminished. My ob said my placenta had shut down and looked like someone who was far overdue. Dd was malnourished, but only spent one night in the NICU getting her sugars in order. I ever nursed her in recovery before they took her!
DS was a planned VBAC, but had plans to apparently inhabit my body forever, so an overdue pregnancy with a prior section only 18 months before equaled another section. I was much more at peace with the situation the second time around. In MO you can't attempt a VBAC after 2 sections, so I guess it's cs for me in the future too!

So glad to know this support is here!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #18
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Glad I found this too. It had answered a lot. I had DS2 on Saturday, 3rd child 1st c.