Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
Sarah2000
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
CD's and penis issues?

ok I know interesting title huh - any how I was changing my sons diaper this morning and to my surprise he has a bump on the side of his penis. It almost looks like a hive or something. So I called the ped and they said to watch it but asked if I had switched diapers or used anything new on them - no! But then I thought well I did make a diaper with powerdry as an inner - does anybody think that could cause the bump? I thought powerdry was 100% poly like microfleece but that is the only thing I have done different. Oh and we have been using FB and swaddlebees for 4 months so I don't think he would all of a sudden be allergic to the microfleece. Any ways I just want to know if anybody has had this sort of issue. Thanks!!!

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: CD's and penis issues?

You had to know that title would get us reading. No bump ever here, but I did have issues with microsuede making ds penis red on the tip. Fleece is fine just not microsuede. I also can't use tea tree oil in wipes but it's ok in to wash his diapers I just really have to rinse it. Have you used any new detergents/ Could it be a bug bite? I know yikes! But maybe?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:

Can I ask if ds is circ or uncirced? My ds is circ and got red bumps, and I know why, but doesn't make sense going into it if it doens't apply to your ds...
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
Sarah2000
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He is circumsized. The bump is right on the side where the skin bunches up - it is bizarre. We did go swimming on Sunday - maybe it was something there.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #5
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:

My ds had red bumps and is circed. he started getting them when he was almost two, dr thought they were just an irritation, but we later learned (from a Peds Urologist) that they were scar tissue building up. Now, his circ wasn't perfect to begin with, and I am certainly no doctor, but when stuff starts to happen to ds's nether regions, we see dr immediately. Ours was a worse case scenario, ds had to be recirced and the scar tissue had to be removed (now it is perfect!) Perhaps try some cortisone cream on it (with a fleece liner on your dipe of course!) or even some Neosporin (if it is an irritation this will keep infection away). And please ladies, please no flaming on the circing, dh and I made this decision with eyes wide open for all 3 of our boys.
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My sons have had that happen too. But it always went away on it's own, it was just minor irritations - nothing as serious as pp. I have it happen less with cloth than I did with sposies. It could be the material, try leaving that material off of him for a couple days and see if it goes away. If it does, put it on him again and see if it happens again.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote