Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Fave AI2? SPAM me!!!! Pretty Please..

I am curious about softwraps, I saw some negative feedbacks on this. How come its working out for you and not for others? I am very hestiated to try dipes with lots of negative feedbacks.

Anyone else care to share their fave a12 please..

Kaitlin Ian Joseph 9/25/15
bagjunkie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I really like AMP AI2's, but they don't seem to be very well known. We only use them for daytime, but they fit like a glove and the hemp trifold we got with them is amazing. I ordered a Daisy Doodle and got it last night. It's super trim and fit with room to grow. I can't comment on functionality yet though since it's just been washed.
:wave2: LA - Mommy to Matthew & William - October 2005
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by bagjunkie4 View Post
What is windpro? do you use pul cover over fitted for day time? I know I need to learn everything there is to know about cloth diapers. Thanks!

My dd weighs at almost 20lbs.. Maybe a medium sized? Do you do package deals?
Windpro is a type of fleece made by Malden Mills. It is denser (more dense?) than the regular polartec fleeces. Regular polartecs can make great covers in 200 and 300 weight. Windpro comes in light, mid, and heavy weight. I line my AI2s in one of the lighter weight windpros and they really seem to prevent wicking from the inside to the outer PUL. So the AI2 is made from PUL and windpro. I do make AI2s from 2 layers of windpro and they make a great breathable cover.
Fleeces, including windpro, breathe like wool without the care of wool and some vegans like fleeces because they aren't made from an animal product (wool). They are water resistant (not water proof).
There is another product above windpro that Malden Mills makes, called windbloc - that make an awesome 1 layer cover. It has a waterproof layer in the middle of it.

I love fleece - can you tell? It saved my sanity whenh I was trying to figure out how to handle my heavy wetter.

As far as size, in my sizing I would go with large. You'll get a lot more wear from them that way. I think my medium would fit for a very short period of time on a 20 pounder.

I have taken down most of my packages but do do quantity discounts on items. I think they show at the bottom of the item page. LMK if you don't see it.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote