Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
orangemnms
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have a confession...

I'm a Schwans girl. Growing up, my dad did all the cooking, and I never took the time to learn. We even owned an upscale Italian restaurant! I can't cook beyond the bare BARE basics. The way he teaches is, "Eh, a handful of this, and a pinch of this..." and I just CANNOT cook like that! I can totally follow a well written recipe though!

I'm really trying hard to save money/eat healthier/become more domestic. I would LOVE for y'all to share your easy, few pots and pans as possible recipes. Unfortunately, DS has sensory issues which interfere with certain food textures, so many of the easy slow cooker meals don't work for us. (I am one of those that hates when my food touches, too. )

Background: We eat meat, I have tons of access to all kinds of fresh fruits/veggies due to the numerous farmers markets around town. Otherwise, we usually shop once a month. We have a deep freeze, as well as an additional (usually) stocked pantry in the garage. 80% of the time, it's just me and the kids (6,4, and 2.)

Also, any help with menu planning would be much appreciated. I hate realizing its 5 pm and I have no idea whats for dinner!!

Advertisement

orangemnms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
Hitchkids
Registered Users

Re: I have a confession...

Exactly what sort of sensory issues are you dealing with? I mean, will the kids eat meatloaf or is that too mushy? Does all food need to be separate for the kids to eat it? Or will they eat casseroles?
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote