Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #61
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Is there a support group for c-sections on here?

We got it set ladies, c/s support forum! Thanks Juan!

Advertisement

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #62
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

thank you!

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #63
MyLovely
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
I understand your points but it did upset me a bit. Though let me start by saying I think you use much more tact then many.

People choose csections for a variety of reasons and not always medical necessity. We all have opinions even those of us who had csections.

For instance me. I strongly feel my c section was a result of too much medical intervention. BUt my brithing experience left me broken. Broken and terrified. And honestly, I do not know if I would choose vbac as I am scared to death and if it came to me choosing a reapeat c section or choosing not to have kids outf of fear and anxiety that that decision be it not medical (though we can argue wether or not anxiety is medical reasoning) is any less a better decision.

I guess I just feel even though you tried really hard that post kind of was a smack in the face. Because not all of use are here just due to medical necessity.

I spend the past year feeling I was lesser or a mom, lesser of a woman. I was even told I was too weak to give birth by ther German midwives.

I just want a place I can go with no judgements. With no opinions. I do not want not want to hear that medically they are great but vaginal birth or vbac is better. Because all that does is make me feel like less of a woman again and makes me ask myself if I even should have more kids if I can not she man my way through it.

I realize it was not your intent. So please do not get me wrong. For a long time I read posts under ttc where posters mention certain things being upsetting or triggers and I guess now I kind of get it. Because I want a place to go with women who are in my shoes, not full of the opinions of what other people who have not experienced c sections thing of us or c sections themselves.

We all have different stories bound by one common trend c section. I will support every womens next birth be it vabc or repeat c. But I am sorry hearing from people that they are ok medically but vbac is better just irks me it really does. To me its like the nursing moms posting about how bad formula is under the formula feeding forum you know.

I hope that makes sense

I am so sorry mama, that I didn't express myself well and it led to misunderstanding, I wasn't trying to include opinions as I have not experienced a c-section...my sole intent was to be supportive. To me, "health" is so much more than physical health, it includes mental and emotional well being as well, so "necessary" IMO is an all-encompassing term. If a planned repeat c-section (or primary section, or whatever she decides) is what is necessary for a peaceful, calm birth experience, then it most certainly is necessary. When I said what I said about unmedicated births/healthy women, it was under that definition. Every woman deserves a joyous birth experience, period, and perfect birth is what gets baby here safely with a happy and healthy mom

I am so happy you all got your board! It's been a long time coming.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #64
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLovely View Post
I am so happy you all got your board! It's been a long time coming.
Really I just think someone needed to ask! it wasnt at all hard YAY i love diaperswappers even more! hopefully people see it inthe forum and come check it out and and we could get more offerings of support ideas and suggestions for next coming sections! Im starting to get a little less scared for mine.. a little

Jessica- mama to 3 boys and a girl in march!

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #65
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLovely View Post
Just wanted to offer to you all! I'm a firm believer that unmedicated vaginal birth is the healthiest option for healthy mamas and healthy babies with normal pregnancies, but it saddens me that my fellow natural birth supporters don't always have tact in realizing that, even with the WHO's conservative standards, c-sections are still a necessity for 10%-15% of women (and that hospital policies are often restrictive, leading to a higher percentage). When a healthy vaginal birth isn't possible, of COURSE c-sections are a good thing! The fact that they are done too frequently in our culture doesn't somehow negate their life-saving benefits for many, many mamas and it's insulting for them to nitpick to try and find that one thing that somehow makes someone else's section unnecessary. Diminishing the joy someone feels about something as incredible as birth is just abhorrant

I'll plan to have my babies at home and go forward with my plans, but were a c-section necessary, I'd be so happy the technology existed and proud of the fact that I brought a baby safely into the world. It saddens me to see mamas not feel that they can share the exhilaration of their births.

Anyhow, I came across this and wanted to share it with you ladies! If I ever had a scheduled section, I would absolutely love to have such a beautiful birth experience. I just thought it might be something some of you would want to show/discuss with your doctors. I teared up! Link!
I LOVE your comment! I think there is a lot of misunderstanding on both sides of the coin.

-- Eek, just read the follow up conversation on that post. Bowing out now.. we obviously have differing definitions of support. I thought the quoted comment was VERY well-stated AND supportive.

Last edited by edens_mom; 12-13-2011 at 02:21 PM.
edens_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #66
LittleLady8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan M
Welcome to your new forum!
Wow how awesome! Thanks!!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #67
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

wow! yay for the support forum!!!
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #68
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Just want to pipe in here...say HI...I've had 3 cesarean births. All unwanted...all vaginal delivery attempts. And I'm going to try VBA3C with my last child! I feel crazy for trying again but I just have to give it one more shot.

I've run the whole range of emotions regarding my cesarean births. From, "Good thing I didn't die in child birth, that cesarean saved my life because there is no way in heck I could have pushed out that 10 pound baby...." to "I hated my cesarean so much I want to punch something and if I had just done, X, Y, and Z it wouldn't have occurred..." to "...I feel like an awful failure that I can't deliver my own child..." to "..I guess I'm just one of those who doesn't go into labor on her own and my cervix doesn't know how to dilate"...to..."what was the point of that 5 day labor and pushing for 6+ hrs for the birth to end up in a cesarean in the end...how awful..." I could probably go on and on...

I know how lots of you feel!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #69
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

welcome maria!!! I hope you get your vba3c.. IF NOT and you need some section support.. u know where to find us!! <3

Jessica- mama to 3 boys and a girl on the way!

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #70
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yay for a forum for c-sections! I have had 2 c-sections, one emergency, one planned. Both c-sections were needed.With my first son, if I hadnt had an emergency c-section, I wouldnt be here now and more than likely neither would he. With my second, even though it was planned, I still needed it and wouldnt have lived through this birth. I am so greatful for technology!
dncegrl is offline   Reply With Quote