Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
rahhlady
Registered Users
seller

Impacted Wisdom Tooth

So I went to the dentist this past summer because my wisdom tooth was impacted and my dentist told me I needed all four our and referred me to an oral surgeon. I was on my way to my appointment when they called and told me I need a referral from my insurance. My hubby called my insurance and they said they needed no such thing. By this time, I found out I was pregnant and couldn't get them out anyways.

I ended up losing that baby and figured I would go to a different surgeon and get them out over winter break. Well of course, now I am pregnant again.

The pain isn't there most of the time. It jsut flares up sometimes. However, the pain has NEVER been this bad. It doesn't appear infected or anything, it just HURTS. Of course, Tylenol won't touch the pain. I have tried numbing it with various oral anesthetics, but they don't help. I have no idea what to do. 7 months of this is going to be the death of me if this isn't just a flare up

Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You can get dental work done during pregnant. I asked my friend cause I need a cavity filled and she said all the dentist offices she works in will do work in the second trimester only! So... You don't have to wait 7 months.. I can't.. I need it filled ASAP!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Impacted Wisdom Tooth

I had my impacted wisdom teeth (all 4) with only local. They had to drill them out and it was no problem at all Are your teeth partially or fully erupted? That was what was causing my pain for ages because food gets under the flap of gum(gross) and it gets all inflammed. Salt rinses can really help if you can manage not to vomit with being pregnant Just please keep an eye on it and if it hurts consistently for a week seek medical treatment because it is possible get a blood infection.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
rahhlady
Registered Users
seller

My dentist said I was going to have to be put out for it. They are partially errupted but I believe one is under the bone. If it starts showing sign of infection I will go in, but after my loss a few months ago and having low hormones this time around I am nervous about having anything done. I also cannot imagine having a tooth dug out from under the bone and not being able to take any painkillers for it. If the pain persists I will go in, but it usually flares up for a few days and then goes away.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
philenabean
Registered Users

Oh, that's horrible!!! I wouldn't go through with the procedure while pregnant either. I needed heavy pain killers after I had my impacted wisdom teeth out. It was killer. I will say that my wisdom teeth issues were like yours, in that sometimes they really bothered me and sometimes they didn't. I hope this is just a flare up for you...

Good luck and keep us posted!
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote