Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #21
JenniferLovesEmily
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmomma2C
We didn't start solids until a week shy of 6 months and even then it was oatmeal only for a few weeks, but I don't know why they would say cereals are okay but fruits and veggies are not. Not telling you to ignore your Ped's advice, but I've only ever heard of the 4 month VS 6 month debate in starting solids in general. When we did go past oatmeal, we went with veggies first, then fruits, from most bland/least sweet to highest fat/flavor/natural sugar. I don't really know if order makes any impact... my son will eat ANYTHING we give him so far (just over 8 months now).
Just to show it doesn't matter, my dd started at 5 and a half months with avocado and banana and quickly went into pears and still to this day at age 3 in a half will eat anything including brussel sprouts.

Sent from DS Forum..... probably while nursing.... please interpret accordingly

Advertisement

JenniferLovesEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #22
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

My son is 5 months with reflux and gets bananas to help keep him on the lowest dose of mess available. I make him oatmeal as well if his reflux is acting up and it works for him. He gets small amounts when he is having trouble. He also gets mum mum crackers. You can def replace the cereal with another solid.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #23
Bmomma2C
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: So i started cereal can i stop??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferLovesEmily View Post
Just to show it doesn't matter, my dd started at 5 and a half months with avocado and banana and quickly went into pears and still to this day at age 3 in a half will eat anything including brussel sprouts.

Sent from DS Forum..... probably while nursing.... please interpret accordingly
The only thing he doesn't LOVE is spinach, but he only pauses for a second to give me the side-eye before he devours it.