Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
Registered Users
Need blw meal ideas

For my 14.5 month old. Mainly looking for breakfast ideas, but I could use suggestions for other meals too. Boiled eggs are getting boring for her, she isn't too crazy about pancakes either. I can't for the life of me get her to eat cut up like fruit, avocado or anything she has to bite off of like toast. She eats beans, rice, potato, boiled egg, most meats and pasta great. She eats what we eat most of the time, but we are having chili and other spicy food lately and I've run out of ideas on what to give her. She is the first we've done blw with (her choice) and not purees so this is new to me. Thanks mamas!

I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Need blw meal ideas

Will she feed herself? I started about a month ago just giving my son his own silver ware and at first the mess was horrid but he is getting the hang of it and will usually eat better. I do oatmeal or yogurt for breakfast with fruit usually. I have notice he likes his fruit warm better. Also if I get desperate he will always he any of the sprout organic baby packets. We also do beans, rice, and pasta. He refuses he eat red meat unless it's grass fed which is healthier but weird. Good luck have found a ton of really awesome websites thru google with recipes.
MrsBailey777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Need blw meal ideas

You can give her pretty much anything!
Oatmeal, cheese chunks, dry cereal (plain puffed rice is one I like to start with and its super cheap and then cheerios), plain rice cakes, applesauce, yogurt (yes, it will get messy!!), berries, peeled grapes, etc. Have you tried cooked potato chunks or hashbrowns/american fries? Or maybe some sweet potato fries. My 3yo LOVED to eat a hunk of cheese and some blueberries for breakfast every day -- and mostly so he could squish the berries There's no rule that says breakfast foods only at breakfast time, so maybe leftover pasta? We used to drain the broth off our soups and give that to H (chicken noodle with carrots is a fave). Or, how about giving her a cracker or biscuit to gum?

Anything you would give her pureed you can give her not pureed.

Have you tried the mesh feeder thingys? My kids loved those.
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote