Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Did my three year old give me a sign??

So an erie thing happened this evening.... my neck hairs are still on end!

DD(3) was majorly grumpy today, and didn't take much of a nap, so by bedtime...she was just done. But an hour after she went to sleep, she woke up crying and yelling(which happens to both kiddos whenever they're over tired) but when I went in there, she was definitely still asleep. She was sitting up with her eyes open, but pointing at the door just mumbling. I couldn't understand anything she was saying. So i calmed her down, encouraged her to lay down. She looked at my belly, pointed at it and said "theres a boy in there" and laid down.

How weird is that? It gave me serious chills!! Shes never done the talking in her sleep before, so that was new. And nothing made sense...until that? I was creeped out!! She still doesn't "fully" understand the whole baby in the belly thing. When people ask what she wants, she says "baby sister"...and never mentions anything on her own about the baby in belly, I always bring it up. So...thats why its even more strange.

With both kids, as weird as this totally will sound(i feel like a nut job already!) I "knew" what the sex of each one was early on. We picked a name, didn't worry about the other sex because it just seemed right....same happened with this pregnancy. So I guess we shall see next June/July!!

Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did my three year old give me a sign??

Ooooo that is about textbook for a night terror and she is prime age for them to start. They are super creepy imo. Both of my older kids have had them and I'm sure ydd will too when she hits the magic age. What she said would've given me some serious creeps too though, for sure. Her little brain must be hard at work processing all the upcoming changes. Do you think it's a boy?
Old 12-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
mabelinoad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well the first name we've discussed/agreed is boy before we even knew we were pregnant. I'd love it for it to be a girl, but i mostly feel like its a boy, for sure.

Its definitely night terrors, she started having them around 2 1/2....mostly when shes over tired. So that was nothing new...the way she spoke was!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
With my 2 I knew what I was having, I had dreams and they came true first girl then boy. With this one I don't "feel" it. The only clue I even have is a slow heartbeat but that's not accurate. One night my daughter came to me and said that God told her in her heart that the baby in my tummy was a girl( she is only 4) we go to church and read bible stories but we don't really talk about god like that to much and it blew my mind. I think that they just know!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
philenabean
Registered Users

That just creeps me out!!! Can't wait to find out if she is right!
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
mabelinoad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamata3 View Post
With my 2 I knew what I was having, I had dreams and they came true first girl then boy. With this one I don't "feel" it. The only clue I even have is a slow heartbeat but that's not accurate. One night my daughter came to me and said that God told her in her heart that the baby in my tummy was a girl( she is only 4) we go to church and read bible stories but we don't really talk about god like that to much and it blew my mind. I think that they just know!
Definitely the same for me! I just knew! This time I have days of "knowing" its a boy, then days of "knowing" its a girl lol.

Isn't that crazy about kids? I can't wait to see if they're both right!!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #7
RoccerMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Boo'sMama
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ya, dd KNEW ds was a boy before anyone else did. She talked about it all the time and when we found out the sex and told her she was like "ya I know". Lol
Old 12-21-2011, 09:04 AM   #8
*Willow*
Registered Users
Formerly: MadreJoyce
seller

My Mood:
Wow. I think it is possible. I have heard of kids accurately predicting their siblings.

I knew with my oldest son he was going to be a boy, with my youngest son I rode the fence saying boy one day and girl the next all the way up to his birth, I had no idea. With my Lily I had feelings from the start she was going to be girl. And this pregnancy I have sort of rode the fence, but still leaning more towards girl.
Last night I dreamt I gave birth, very detailed, and actually saw and met her. 6lbs 11oz she weighed. It was pretty cool. I told DP this morning what I dreamt. Now we are wondering.
IT'S A GIRL! #5 Arriving Aug 2014
*Willow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #9
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love that story, minus the creepy awake / asleep part!

With Grace I KNEW she was a girl - I even wore pink to her US! I have no feelings on these babies yet, but Grace is waking up every morning and giving me name suggestions - one boy, one girl. Today she wants them to be "Lucas and Rosabelle" She was not happy when daddy said he gets veto power! I think she thinks these are HER babies!

Did you talk to your DD about it this morning to see if she still has any indication of who baby is?

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote