Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
becky1231
Registered Users

So glad this forum is here

I think for the first time since I have come to this board this is the first time I truly feel like I belong. I have always been hesitant to speak about my birth experiences with my younger 2 kids as they were both c sections and I didn't want to get the flames for not doing things right.

Here is my little story of my first C section:

My ODS was a vaginal delivery but they were getting the OR ready because he just wasn't coming with all the pushing I was doing. Dr. realized that he was in a funny position and proceeded to turn him and boom he was there. I found out shortly after Gibson was born that I was preggo again and I had a feeling the whole time that this baby wasn't going to come very easy. I went to all my appointments and there were a lot more with this one then with my first because she was just a little stinker in there. As I was nearing the end of my pregnancy I mentioned to my Dr. that I thought this baby was going to end up being a C section. It was a nagging feeling I had had most of the pregnancy. She told me since I had my son vaginally there was no reason for this one to not come the same way and she would not let me have a section. OK awesome kinda the reassurance I was looking for but I just couldn't get rid of the nagging feeling. About 2 weeks before I had her I started contracting they were in a regular pattern and about 3 minutes apart. I went in to the Doc and she checked me and said there was nothing changes and they were just BH. At this point I was having some issues myself and the babys heart rate was through the roof. She told me to go home relax and if anything changed to head to the Hospital. Well nothing changed so I just laid low at home and Dr. called me in the morning and asked why I didn't go in to the hossy. It appears she wanted the baby hooked up to monitors because of the high heart rate but didn't want to panic me in the office and assumed I would go in to the hospital. I went for an ultra sound that day to double check baby and all was good there. I went on for the next 2 weeks contracting and miserable. My oldest brother didnt help things when he told me the baby wasn't coming until his birthday. Well the day before my brothers birthday I went in because I was miserable and I dilated a centimeter so they kept me. From that point on things got crappier. I labored in a tub for awhile then they broke my water and stuck me in bed. Just like my oldest as soon as my water broke and got my epi I dilated relatively fast. (They also had me on a low dose of pit prior to breaking my water.) The epi didnt take right it was leaking out of my back due to poor placement. I would get the urge to push 3 time in a row and then there was a 5 minute break where there would be nothing. I was begging for the section at this point and the Dr. kept saying No that wasn't happening. There ended up being a fight between my nurses and my Dr. when the nurses went to get the On call OB ( my Dr. was a family practioner) he came in and checked things out and said there was no way that baby was coming out that way at this point. My Dr. stormed out and I never saw her again. I got a shaved and drank some icky stuff and was wheeled to the OR. Most of my family made it up in time and I got to see my dad before ( my brother drove like hell to get him there) I got wheeled back. I remember the OB saying it looked like I was in active labor judging from the condition of my uterus I had a tear in my cervix from all the pushing. The baby though was thankfully very happy and healthy in there it was Momma that was having the issues. I could barely stay conscious on the operating table I was swelling up rapidly everywhere and was very disoriented. I told hubby to stay with the baby and then I was out. Next thing I know I am in a recovery room with some funky blanket thing on me that was blowing hot air. My little brother came back to see me and asked where his wife was and from what he tells me he told me she got lost ( joking) and I started crying and freaking out because she was lost. He got me settled down and left me to rest and finally I was brought to my room where all my family was. My sweet little baby was there and I was clear enough at that point to realize that my my Mom and I got to share a special something. We got to share a birthing day. Anna was born on her oldest Uncles Birthday just like he predicted. Anna is very proud of the fact that she is her Uncles Special Birthday present and makes sure she calls him every year on their birthday.

Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
magoose
Registered Users

Re: So glad this forum is here

Wow, what a story, mama!! I'm glad you found a place where you felt comfortable sharing your story
Old 12-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #4
LittleLady8
Registered Users
seller

torn cervix sounds terrible. i'm glad that we can talk openly here now! i feel like totally med-free-home-birth stories are the only ones people post in the birth story section. I think we should all go post our c-section birth stories . The more extreme the better lol. Weird about your OB - you didn't see her for your follow up care then?

eta - oh wait, I just reread. original doc was FP...

Last edited by LittleLady8; 12-18-2011 at 06:54 AM.
LittleLady8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
becky1231
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLady8 View Post
torn cervix sounds terrible. i'm glad that we can talk openly here now! i feel like totally med-free-home-birth stories are the only ones people post in the birth story section. I think we should all go post our c-section birth stories . The more extreme the better lol. Weird about your OB - you didn't see her for your follow up care then?

eta - oh wait, I just reread. original doc was FP...
I did see her once after the baby was born and she did a quick pelvic on me and told me that she didn't think I would be able to carry another baby to term because of the torn cervix. She was also really cold acting so at that point I decided that I wasn't going to see her even for un pregnancy related stuff. I did prove her wrong several years later when I carried my 3 and final baby to term and had a nice routine C section to deliver him.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Glad you felt you could share your story!
I'm sad that people don't feel they can post their birth story just because it wasn't a med free vaginal birth!

I like to read ALL the stories because I like to see the pics!!!!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
Hopper Graphics
Registered Users
Formerly:PurlyQ
seller
seller

My Mood:

What a strong mama you are
Thank you so much for sharing your story.
Hopper Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #8
sacurry1@aol.com
Registered Users
seller

glad you shared your story! Thanks!
sacurry1@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote