Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #61
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bea2269
My girlfriend found out at her 20wk scan, and she had no idea it was twins. She is also 6' and had no m/s.

I went in at 6wks and showed only 1 on u/s. When we went back at 10wk, the u/s showed 2! DH jokes all the time that we should've been given a refund for bad service. My only clue was getting a positive hpt at 9dpo. I had full-fledged m/s the night before! I didn't gain a lot of weight until around 30wks.
See this is me... I got a very positive at 9dpo and lots of sickness prior to hpt...have this feeling that it's twins but 9 week level 1 scan tech only found one.. secretly hoping for 2...

Advertisement

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings

Last edited by rosenfried2; 12-21-2011 at 07:06 PM.
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #62
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did anyone NOT find out they were having twins until LATE pregnancy or delivery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenfried2 View Post
See this is me... I got a very positive at 9dpo and lots of sickness prior to hpt...have this feeling that it's twins but 9 week level 1 scan tech only found one.. secretly hoping for 2...
This is me, too. The first hpt I took was at 10 dpo in the middle of the afternoon without holding my urine at all and it was CRAZY dark. Not a squinter at all. My hcg levels were really high both times I had them drawn. I'm as big as I was with DD and DS well into my 2nd trimester (started wearing maternity clothes at 9 weeks). I've also been feeling movement for several weeks.

I had ultrasounds at 5 weeks (only showed a sac) and 7 weeks (just showed one baby), so I know the chances are unlikely, but I'm totally still hoping for two.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #63
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did anyone NOT find out they were having twins until LATE pregnancy or delivery?

I shouldn't have read this thread, it's making me absolutely paranoid. I have suspected twins because 1) I have been picking up 2 heartbeats with my doppler since 12 weeks 2) not only is my pregnancy showing (with my girls I didn't look pregnant until around 36 weeks) but I am measuring 35 weeks at 29 weeks 3) I can safely say that multiples run on my dad's side of the family. 5 sets of twins and a set of quads that all happened naturally. 2 of the sets of twins and the quads all belong to my cousin.

Unfortunately my last 2 unassisted pregnancies and births went so well that my husband doesn't see any reason to start having prenatal care now. He's convinced the second heartbeat is just my placenta. So I could very well find out I'm having twins when I give birth.

My intuition has been off when predicting gender, but I have been having a frequently reoccurring dream since my dd2 was a couple months old: that my younger sister finds out she is pregnant and we agree to adopt the baby, then I find out I'm pregnant, so we end up raising the babies (both boys) as twins. Not a twin pregnancy dream, but kind of...

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.

Last edited by Squeaky McMurdo; 12-22-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #64
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom kept telling me from day one that she was sure I was pregnant with twins. Twins run in my family (my mom was pregnant with twins but lost one early one), so I knew it was a possibility.

At my ultrasound at 18 weeks, I was told I was actually at least 3 weeks further along. After seeing a few other things and me explaining "my last period" (which was really weird, more like a miscarriage but not as heavy), we realized I HAD been pregnant with twins but lost one. I had thought I might have been pregnant the month before I found out I was pregnant, but I didn't want to waste a test, even though I was past my cycle date. When I started bleeding, I figured it was my period, even though I commented to my husband that it was a very strange period. He had been telling me all month that he was SURE I was pregnant, and I kept telling him it wasn't possible! Ha!

So, while I am not CURRENTLY pregnant with twins, we were at one time during this pregnancy carrying twins. Part of me is thankful (I have four kids.. and the youngest will be 18 months), which I feel a little guilty about... but a big part of me feels sad that we lost a twin!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #65
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
I shouldn't have read this thread, it's making me absolutely paranoid. I have suspected twins because 1) I have been picking up 2 heartbeats with my doppler since 12 weeks 2) not only is my pregnancy showing (with my girls I didn't look pregnant until around 36 weeks) but I am measuring 35 weeks at 29 weeks 3) I can safely say that multiples run on my dad's side of the family. 5 sets of twins and a set of quads that all happened naturally. 2 of the sets of twins and the quads all belong to my cousin.

Unfortunately my last 2 unassisted pregnancies and births went so well that my husband doesn't see any reason to start having prenatal care now. He's convinced the second heartbeat is just my placenta. So I could very well find out I'm having twins when I give birth.

My intuition has been off when predicting gender, but I have been having a frequently reoccurring dream since my dd2 was a couple months old: that my younger sister finds out she is pregnant and we agree to adopt the baby, then I find out I'm pregnant, so we end up raising the babies (both boys) as twins. Not a twin pregnancy dream, but kind of...

I would say, if you are concerned, go to a midwife or a doctor for care.. even if its just for an ultrasound. (I did this during out unassisted pregnancy/birth.) If the babies are twins, and they are not positioned correctly before birth, it can cause huge problems. (Their chins locking together.)

At the very least, it could put you at ease.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #66
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom327
Hmmmm...maybe I should be concerned. Awful MS (of the all day variety) hit at 7dpo although I had other symptoms starting earlier. Got a positive at 9 dpo (previous pregnancies the earliest I ever got a positive were 12dpo and 14dpo). Started showing big time at 6 weeks. I'm not measuring ahead (as of my 11w appointment) but apparently that might not matter.

Guess I should up my protein and fluid intake just in case. Poor DH is threatening to run away to Mexico
I was like this with my babies also. Always get early BFPs and symptoms, had horrible m/s with all but #6, but honestly, my twin pregnancy was less symptomatic than my singles. Hahaha! My dr's always do an early u/s to check for twins after having a set. Mine are identical but my cousin (on my dad's side) had fraternal twins so it could happen!

As far as measuring ahead, I don't think it really counts until 20wks, but I didn't measure over until 22-24wks and just grew a few extra cm at a time. By 34wks I was 43cm.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #67
3girlsallnaughty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, 2 more days to go. . .I am only 23 weeks (almost) and feeling movement all over and fundus is right under my lungs. . . . 2 more days is all I can think about

It's a Boy!! Due April 30th!!
3girlsallnaughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #68
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have had 2 twin pregnancies with a loss each time. This thread is totally making me obsess over whether or not this is a twin pg as well
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters

Last edited by babylovinmama; 12-27-2011 at 10:34 AM.
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote