Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #11
just1more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: July Fireflies Weekly Chat December 27th - January 3rd

So I need some other mama thoughts about our situation. Baby #6 is on the way, we have 4 living and 1 stillbirth. My mother is so against us having more kiddos, she kept saying that I was lucky moses was born ok since my pregnancy before him ended in a stillbirth. Since 3/10 she always reminds me we shouldnt have anymore. I know she just doesnt want to worry, I also know that its our choice how many kids we have, since we are the ones to pay for them. I havent told her yet and Im actually afraid. Any ideas on how to tell her. We live very close,shes over a few times a week, we do sunday dinner at her house, so I cant hide it forever. The baby is due around her birthday.

Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #12
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino View Post
Yay! It took a little while to find baby, and it was hiding under my old csection..lol but heartbeat was in the 140's/150's(kept changing)

so exciting best $50 spent!
Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by just1more View Post
So I need some other mama thoughts about our situation. Baby #6 is on the way, we have 4 living and 1 stillbirth. My mother is so against us having more kiddos, she kept saying that I was lucky moses was born ok since my pregnancy before him ended in a stillbirth. Since 3/10 she always reminds me we shouldnt have anymore. I know she just doesnt want to worry, I also know that its our choice how many kids we have, since we are the ones to pay for them. I havent told her yet and Im actually afraid. Any ideas on how to tell her. We live very close,shes over a few times a week, we do sunday dinner at her house, so I cant hide it forever. The baby is due around her birthday.
I don't have any words of advice, but wanted to offer
Old 12-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #13
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by just1more
That's so hard..but she is truly NOT thinking about you and your family, only her own selfish reasons. And having a stillbirth obviously has no bearing on future pregnancies or births. When you tell her just preface it will "no negative talk" .. if you aren't happy mom, don't say so just smile and act happy! I have no experience except my own parents were discouraging us from #2 so soon after #1 but who cares not their children to raise!

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #14
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

I don't expect to feel movement until 18 wks. This is my first. I'm impressed that you're feeling something this early.

As for the concerns from your mom, I imagine she doesn't want to think about losing another grandchild and isn't expressing that concern in a better way. Or maybe she worries about losing you of something worse happens? It's not her choice how many kids you have but I can see why there might be other reasons why she didn't want you to have more kids after the stillborn child. Hopefully when you tell her she can at least show some happiness for you.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #15
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by just1more View Post
about Keith first off. I can't imagine...

But about your mom. I'm sure shes just filled with fear and life is just easier avoiding than dealing. I'd just say..."we're very excited because we have some changes coming. i know not everyone is going to be excited, and we understand that. But to us, this is a huge positive and we're not going to accept any negative talk on the matter. We can't wait to have our next little one, come July...and we're hoping you'll be supportive and encouraging...because this is what we want and we're trusting that all will go as smoothly as with Moses and our others"

Just be honest and direct. Preface with wanting only positive feedback, because its already going to happen and negative comments wont do anything but frustrate and discourage you.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #16
mom2threeboys
Registered Users

I have not enjoyed being pregnant this time so far. I feel bad as I have always loved being pregnant. But I feel like crap with horrible MS. I seem to hate all food but I'm really hungry. I always have a headache. Just stinks. Also, I am a little over 13 weeks and not feeling the baby. Has me worried because I felt DS 2 & 3 at 11 weeks on a regular basis. I have thought I felt this baby a few times but nothing for sure and nothing regular. I know it seems silly to be worried with this at 13 weeks but I am. I hope all is okay. Jusy thought with #4 I would feel it early again.

Would love to buy a doppler but we are too tight on $. Plus I would prob. just frak myself out over that too.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #17
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2threeboys View Post
I have not enjoyed being pregnant this time so far. I feel bad as I have always loved being pregnant. But I feel like crap with horrible MS. I seem to hate all food but I'm really hungry. I always have a headache. Just stinks. Also, I am a little over 13 weeks and not feeling the baby. Has me worried because I felt DS 2 & 3 at 11 weeks on a regular basis. I have thought I felt this baby a few times but nothing for sure and nothing regular. I know it seems silly to be worried with this at 13 weeks but I am. I hope all is okay. Jusy thought with #4 I would feel it early again.

Would love to buy a doppler but we are too tight on $. Plus I would prob. just frak myself out over that too.
Sounds like girl symptoms to me I felt that way with my 4 th a girl, and feel that way too and think this one must be a girl too.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #18
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
That was me the first time around (and the baby was a girl!). I'm enjoying it much more this time around. Must be a boy, I'm thinking.

I'm sorry things are so rough for you!
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
srpettitt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Ummm, did I write this post?!?! Except for the part about feeling the other babies move earlier (they've all been around 14-15 weeks). Although MS has finally let up a bit, I totally still have this love/hate relationship with food. I don't feel like eating, but I'm starving, but even when I get myself to eat, I fill up so quickly. I got occasional headaches with the others, but it is an every day thing this time around... and it makes me crabby!!! This is my #4,too, and you'd think my body would have things figured out by now! I have another appointment the end of next week, and I'm starting to wish that I had decided to do the early screening thing just so that I could see this baby and have some peace of mind that everything is "normal" even though it all seems so different!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #20
mom2threeboys
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
Sounds like girl symptoms to me I felt that way with my 4 th a girl, and feel that way too and think this one must be a girl too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie View Post
That was me the first time around (and the baby was a girl!). I'm enjoying it much more this time around. Must be a boy, I'm thinking.

I'm sorry things are so rough for you!
Thanks ladies. A girl would be fun. Funny thing is that for the first time ever, I have a girl vibe. Everytime I think of and picture the baby, I think girl. Time will tell.

I was actually really sick with my boys too but it was just different. Like with them I would be fine, get really sick and throw up, then I was fine and dandy again. But that went on the whole pregnancy. This time I always feel nauseous. I don't throw up often at all but even when I do it doesn't make me feel better. Like there is zero relief! I would normally take zofran but it doesn't work well with the prometrium I have to take. I am hoping that this doesn't last the rest of the pregnancy!