Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
newtwinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anybody order coffee online?

We are slowly weaning ourselves from WFs since moving three hours away and so need to find a reliable coffee source. Has anyone used one of the online companies and been pleased? We prefer free trade and or organic single source and must be whole bean and provide a roasting date.

Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ahrres coffee www.ahrre.com is great and ships fast. He's a small business and if you call, he should be able to give you the roasting date as he does it himself.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Last edited by jamieism; 12-27-2011 at 06:48 PM.
jamieism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anybody order coffee online?

I am faar to lazy to go to where they roast (local to me, but a bit of a hike)

http://www.brotherbearscoffee.com/cafe/index.php

it's whole bean, organic fair trade. I don't know about single source or roasting dates, but if you need the date I am sure he could tell you. They roast in their barn. They seriously love coffee and are the friendliest, most caring people you care to meet. I am so spoiled on their coffee
Old 12-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is a local company to me and I really like their coffee a lot. Used to get coffee from Gevalia.

http://www.couleecoffee.com/Scripts/default.asp
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
North Dakota Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Jennieh***
seller

My Mood:

I have a single group commerical espresso machine and no good local source for fresh roasted beans. I use specialtyjava.com (Minneapolis, MN area) and they are awesome! I get organic espresso whole beans. They roast around 8 am each day and your order is shipped the day it is roasted. It's awesome, super fresh, super amazing.

I pay $4 for shipping and get it overnighted as I am in the midwest and get to use Speedee Delivery service vs ups/fedex.

Not sure where you are located but I know they do ship everywhere. Hope that helps!
Wife/BFF to Leif - Mommy to Thor born 09.26.07 , Maycee born 10.25.08, and Dax born 08.01.2010... a sweet-as-pie homebirth! Baby #4 due 08.09.12!
I blog about my life with three wee ones!
North Dakota Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #6
Nandis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I also have a big ole commercial espresso machine. We like Coffee Klatch and Velton's coffee. Both offer FTO, and/or single origin whole bean coffees and the always always give you the freshest coffee because they're roasters (everything is date stamped) and they're particular about things... they delay shipping to ensure that it won't sit in some truck somewhere over the weekend and stuff like that. Both have also earned really high scores (94s) from Coffee Review. Our faves are the Bonsai blend and the Mexican Nirita from Velton's and the Klatch's FTO House, Sumatra Bodhi, FTO Sumatra Gayo Mountain, Guatemalan Antigua and Guatemalan Cafe Feminino (also FTO). I dunno where you are, but we're west coast, and both of these are too... Klatch is in CA and Velton's is in WA.
Nandis is offline   Reply With Quote