Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #21
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: Aug 2011 Babies- January Chat

it's 8:45 and my kids are still in bed.....

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #22
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's to hoping your year gets better, Naomi!

Vanessa, so sorry about DH's grandmas house... what happened? Is anything savable?

I had stuff to write but apparently my brain's on vacation so I'm sure I'll be back!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #23
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
it's 8:45 and my kids are still in bed.....
So rediculously jealous!

DD started her new preschool today. She seemed to really enjoy it! Litte Miss and I grocery shopped today while she was at school.

On NYE our dishwasher broke mid party! Happy new year to us! So we are working on making a claim to the home warranty to get it looked at and see if it can be fixed. I forgot how much I hate washing dishes

I've also started thinning our stash as 1 baby doesn't need 80 diapers currently selling blueberries (think they are sold) and bum cheeks. Up next will be the fuzzi bunz and swaddlebees.

And that is about all that is new here.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #24
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Happy New Year, mamas!

Sounds like everyone had fun and is staying busy! I know we are. I love all the pictures...so cute!
The big girls go back to school tomorrow...finally! They need to, they have been out since the 16th! Brynn has been hitting some milestones....she finally rolled over both ways a few days ago. I put her in her crib on her tummy and she just rolled over. When I screamed she looked at me like I was nuts...who knows, maybe she had been doing it for a while. She is also definitely getting her bottom teeth...I can see both of them really well now. She is the earliest of all 4 to get them. I checked dd1's baby book and she didn't get her first until she was 9 months old!
I've started making baby food in batches and freezing it...so far just sweet potatoes and butternut squash. She's not really ready yet, but I am determined to not buy any commercial baby food this time.
Speaking of processed food, I cut out any fast food and eating out out of our diets when Brynn was born (the big girls have had a Happy Meal once or twice), and dd1 has lost 3 lbs! She has always been tall and in the 90th percentile for height and weight, but I was surprised to see such a difference so quickly. And I've lost 51 lbs since Brynn was born just by breastfeeding and cutting out processed food. Imagine how much I could lose if i worked out too!
Oh, I know this is crazy, but have any if you thought about first bday parties yet? I was playing around on Pinterest and I think I want to do a bumblebee theme, since we call Brynn Baby Bee. I've even come up with some cute one year photo ideas...can't wait!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #25
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar_crystalz View Post
Here's to hoping your year gets better, Naomi!

Vanessa, so sorry about DH's grandmas house... what happened? Is anything savable?

I had stuff to write but apparently my brain's on vacation so I'm sure I'll be back!
I think it was a short in an outlet (not even being used!)and it spread fast. According to my BIL (he's an adjuster) there's not much to save, but they are going out there Saturday to see for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley View Post
So rediculously jealous!
doesn't happen much!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #26
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

:wave2: It's been a while! The pictures are so cute!

Hope everyone had a great new years. We took Izzy to John's Incredible Pizza for her birthday. She was super excited to run around in her birthday crown. I've made birthday crowns for a bunch of friends, my niece, etc. but not my own kids. So this year I'm making a resolution to put my kids first int he sewing/crafts department. They are already first in everything else they deserve handmade (and crazy unperfect) stuff from their Mama.

Bubba has 2 teeth now. He's so huge that I always say he came out a toddler. But Ray had me look through pictures so he could get some prints for frames we have. And I saw how little he was. He even had the newborn fuzz. It just doesn't seem like it's been that long.

Juniper got an Elmo hat on Christmas and won't take the thing off.

We had my parents and the evil dogs visiting until Monday. Then we had some friends come through on their way from Hawaii (their home) to BC to go snowboarding. It was my old college roommate and her husband. Yesterday June had been congested and having a nasty cough for a while and Izzy started throwing up at night and Casper started coughing and is all stuffy. I woke up with a headache. I really hope we are better soon. Izzy is supposed to start dance class tomorrow. And she has her bday party on Saturday. Poor thing has never had a party with her friends. We have canceled 3 I think because she has been sick. I need to start throwing her parties in June on for her 1/2 bday or something. Anyone do 1/2 birthdays?
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #27
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl View Post
Anyone do 1/2 birthdays?
my aunt does as three of her kids birthdays are the week of Christmas.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #28
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Alright..

So jake's first day of preschool was yesterday. He freaked when we left, it seemed quite rigid for preschool, I'll give him that, but he came home on the bus SO EXCITED and happy! He RAN to the bus today and waved me goodbye. Told him to have fun at school today.. he said, "Okay! see you later!" lol

Hopefully he realised where he was going when he got there. lol

Levi is teething. yep. That has been the cause of our restless nights.

Hunted down some teething tablets. finally.

Had to leave my first not so great feedback on ebay today. rough. lol I ordered a movie for miranda from someone.. On the 13th of december. expected it by christmas. It was in california. I'm 2 states away.

It got here yesterday with a post mark of december 29th. and they never did answer any of my emails.

UGh. I left a neutral. Even though I felt very negative. lol They had 2 feedbacks and 66%positive.. it was one of those people that are new and good and then you order from them and the bad starts rolling in.. They won't be around much longer I imagine. I think you have to keep above a certian %. I have almost 800feedbacks there and 100%.

anyway.. screaming baby.. hope everyone is doing good. I will comment on other people's posts again someday I have 5 minutes. lol
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #29
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Someone who knows what half-birthdays are?!?!? I always talk about them and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy!

Crabby baby on me now- I'll update tomorrow!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #30
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey steph, still looking for a wrap? this is a great priced one: dolcino
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote