Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3 day migraine

My gp gave me phenegren for migraines. He said to take it before you go to sleep and it's supposed to help you not wake up with a headache/migraine. Usually caffeine will kick one for me though.

I hope it goes away soon, they are no fun at all.

Advertisement

lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #12
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05
I've had those kinds of headaches before and the only thing that helps is going to the chiropractor. Usually if I go in the morning it's gone by the afternoon even if it's been going on for 2-3 days!
This. I went to a chiropractor for lower back pain but I was having major migraines as well and it helped a ton.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #13
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I've never understood why caffiene works for so many people. For me it's like adding gasoline to the fire, one of the few ways I can make mine worse. Don't get me wrong, don't alter if it helps, but I always cringe when I hear someone say have a coke or a coffee with a migraine.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #14
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama
I've never understood why caffiene works for so many people. For me it's like adding gasoline to the fire, one of the few ways I can make mine worse. Don't get me wrong, don't alter if it helps, but I always cringe when I hear someone say have a coke or a coffee with a migraine.
Because it works... It doesn't for everyone but it's an active ingredient in excedrine and the Rx Fioricet.

Quote:
Caffeine is a molecule that blocks receptors of adenosine, a nervous system chemical that causes physiological effects to take place. Adenosine is responsible for the sleep-wake cycle, so caffeine works by displacing adenosine and causing alertness. Caffeine can also block calcium channels in the muscles allowing for increased strength and endurance of the muscles. Adenosine is responsible for the dilation of blood vessels in the brain. Caffeine competes with adenosine at the receptor site causing the blood vessels to then constrict, alleviating migraines and headaches.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #15
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had a headache since Thursday. Comes and goes...but mostly there. Especially when standing/bending over.

Even when not pregnant, I'm weird about not wanting to ever take meds...not tylenol or anything. So I asked several friends and the recommended hot/cold on my forehead and neck alternating the two. Also...using pressure points. I rubbed between my thumb/point finger and it surprisingly helped!! Midday resting helps as well.

Hope you find relief! I'm waiting for my new insurance card so I can go to a chiropractor as well!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #16
meesh38
Registered Users
seller

I'm so sorry! I had a ton of migraines in my 2nd trimester. I would take Extra Strenth Tylenol and put an ice pack on the side of my head and on the back of my neck. That would help about half the time. I hope you feel better soon.
meesh38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #17
schmora15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05 View Post
I've had those kinds of headaches before and the only thing that helps is going to the chiropractor. Usually if I go in the morning it's gone by the afternoon even if it's been going on for 2-3 days!

I did take Fiorocet in my 2nd pregnancy but that was when I was still active duty military and the chiropractor at our base hospital was so busy I could only get in there to see him like once a month!
I was just going to recommend seeing a chiropractor! You'll feel so much better.
schmora15 is offline   Reply With Quote