Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

Re: The medical bills have started...

Wow, well thankfully because I don't make much and we are just engaged right now and not married my pregnancy is fully coverage under medi-cal here in california so I won't have to worry about medical bills. Then the baby is covered for a full year as well after it's born.

Advertisement

Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #12
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had medical with DD. But that was a completely different stage in our lives. I received the first few bills. I had 3 ultrasounds, under doctors orders from slow rising levels. Yeah...I owe them about $2,000. My insurance covered $39 of each $700 ultrasound. Whats the point of insurance again????
Old 01-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

I did know someone who went through an induction at 18 wks (severe multiple anomalies incompatible with life) and the insurance didn't cover that either. Same thing, not medically indicated. So I guess they would rather pay for the bill after making her go through the entire pregnancy knowing the outcome was going to be the same? That's just cruel! Can't believe they don't consider treatment for hemorrhaging medically indicated. I had to pay for my first ultrasound except the measly $70 they sent me directly to pay the bill because it was done at my RE's office and they are out of network. Oh well...just got added to my hefty health care tax deduction for 2011!
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

That is just so insane how much ultrasounds are which is why my OB doesn't believe in charging people to something that they should have a right too if iits done in her office.
Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #15
philenabean
Registered Users

It's absolutely insane. Wish we had universal heath care in this country... I know some people don't agree, but really!
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #16
zabnut
Registered Users

Whoa! 500 for bloodwork?! That's crazy!
My cousin had a double lung an heart transplant (Canadian so everything's free), and I wonder what that procedure costs.
Crazy!
zabnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #17
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by philenabean
It's absolutely insane. Wish we had universal heath care in this country... I know some people don't agree, but really!
I wish we did too

Old 01-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #18
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

As do I...mainly from the other side though. As a doctor, it's really hard at times to treat patients appropriately if they are uninsured or underinsured. Many of my patients these days have to choose between coming to see me or eating. Well, I'd rather they eat so we try to do somethings using what's available in the community, like having my hypertensive patients check their BP at community screening events or on the store machines and to call if it's consistently above a certain threshold. At least we now have the $4 plan meds. They're not the most convenient but they are affordable. And sometimes cheaper than the copay for people with insurance. I actually get my thyroid med using the $4 plan rather than my insurance. Why pay $10 when I can pay $4 for the same drug?!? Or better yet, why pay $30 when I can pay $10 for the same amount of drugs (90 day supply). Only one pharmacist gave me crap for doing that. They either don't make a profit off of those or run at a loss, not sure which. If costco wasn't such a PITA to get to, I would go there for my meds. They have the cheapest prices though some pharmacies (not mine) will price match costco's prices.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote