Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #21
apeacefulway
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 143
Re: Prefold Comparison! Cloth-eez GMD, Diaper Rite, Imagine, OsoCozy, Zabi

So I am curious:

Which prefolds ended up being your favorites and why?

Which prefolds got that awesome buttery texture?

Advertisement

apeacefulway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:57 AM   #22
FernHollow
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,397
My Mood:
Re: Prefold Comparison! Cloth-eez GMD, Diaper Rite, Imagine, OsoCozy, Zabi

What would be the recommendation for a great prefold for a 14lb 4mo? He's got a short rise and is a little bit chubby in the belly/thighs. I'd like something that I could either trifold in a Flip or snappi/pin. Our flats are not soft at all (yuck) and the wrinkly edges are terrible, so we aren't using cloth at all. My DH is going to be a SAHD soon and he'd been fine with using prefolds so I'd like to buy some next month. I was thinking maybe Zabi lavendars since I don't expect him to stay chubby?
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #23
newmommy13's Avatar
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,750
Re: Prefold Comparison! Cloth-eez GMD, Diaper Rite, Imagine, OsoCozy, Zabi

OMG THESE PFS ARE MAKING ME WANT A BABY TO DIAPER!!! seriously.
__________________
I, mama to dd A (3-08) dfs J (10/11) and in love with newbie dfd N! (10/13)
hopeful pre-adoptive foster family
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #24
thepote's Avatar
thepote
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 165
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdreamer
What would be the recommendation for a great prefold for a 14lb 4mo? He's got a short rise and is a little bit chubby in the belly/thighs. I'd like something that I could either trifold in a Flip or snappi/pin. Our flats are not soft at all (yuck) and the wrinkly edges are terrible, so we aren't using cloth at all. My DH is going to be a SAHD soon and he'd been fine with using prefolds so I'd like to buy some next month. I was thinking maybe Zabi lavendars since I don't expect him to stay chubby?
That's what I was thinking before I got to the end of your post. I think the lavender would be perfect.
__________________
Mama to four
thepote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #25
mariamommy's Avatar
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,668
Re: Prefold Comparison! Cloth-eez GMD, Diaper Rite, Imagine, OsoCozy, Zabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany89 View Post
Well one of these pics was like 12lbs in a lavender.. I expect this baby to be about 8-9.. I don't want the oranges they look like they would last a week.. Are they not the lavenders in those pics with the newborn?
the back was folded down on that smaller baby. In my pic above with the zabi lavender, she was closer to 18 or 19 lbs.
__________________
Maria, wife to David and stay-at-home-mama to four children.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #26
mariamommy's Avatar
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,668
Re: Prefold Comparison! Cloth-eez GMD, Diaper Rite, Imagine, OsoCozy, Zabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeacefulway View Post
So I am curious:

Which prefolds ended up being your favorites and why?

Which prefolds got that awesome buttery texture?
Anything unbleached! Omgosh, I just bought two sizes of Imagine Smart fits (medium and large), one is bleached, the other is unbleached. BY FARRRR, the unbleached ones are squishy, buttery soft. I love them.
__________________
Maria, wife to David and stay-at-home-mama to four children.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #27
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,852
My Mood:
Re: Prefold Comparison! Cloth-eez GMD, Diaper Rite, Imagine, OsoCozy, Zabi

bumping this awesome thread up as I try to figure out the best pf for a newbie.
__________________
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Socialist. Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Trade Unionist.Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me - Martin Niemöller
ReadingRenee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #28
MamaJoyful's Avatar
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,319
My Mood:
Re: Prefold Comparison! Cloth-eez GMD, Diaper Rite, Imagine, OsoCozy, Zabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeacefulway View Post
So I am curious:

Which prefolds ended up being your favorites and why?

Which prefolds got that awesome buttery texture?
So far....Diaper Rites! I love them! Both the green and orange fit so nicely on my almost 2 year old! The oranges I have to fold over, but they still offer a good fit. I will keep updating this post as I get to try them more. Over the holidays I didn't get as much of a chance to try them, but I've been using them more and am loving the unbleached DR prefolds. They are so pliable, fluffy and they are more loosely woven cotton compared to some of the others. That is what makes me favor them, I think.

The best fit for my son is the green edge Diaper Rite. I love how they are a bit wider than some of the other prefolds and I really love the more loosely woven cotton, which makes them more pliable, fluffy and "stretchy" if you can say that about a prefold. The only con with these is that they weigh less than some other brands, so that is something to consider.
__________________
Mama to our many blessings!
MamaJoyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #29
traderbren's Avatar
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Harford County, MD
Posts: 1,951
My Mood:
Bump
__________________
Brenda married to John since 2006, SAHM to Brigid (12/07) and Emily (9/11)
My Snark-o-meter is broken. Please be assured that 99% of what I post is not intended to be snarky or judgmental.
traderbren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #30
AZmommy's Avatar
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Yuma
Posts: 11,334
Re: Prefold Comparison! Cloth-eez GMD, Diaper Rite, Imagine, OsoCozy, Zabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJoyful View Post
So far....Diaper Rites! I love them! Both the green and orange fit so nicely on my almost 2 year old! The oranges I have to fold over, but they still offer a good fit. I will keep updating this post as I get to try them more. Over the holidays I didn't get as much of a chance to try them, but I've been using them more and am loving the unbleached DR prefolds. They are so pliable, fluffy and they are more loosely woven cotton compared to some of the others. That is what makes me favor them, I think.

The best fit for my son is the green edge Diaper Rite. I love how they are a bit wider than some of the other prefolds and I really love the more loosely woven cotton, which makes them more pliable, fluffy and "stretchy" if you can say that about a prefold. The only con with these is that they weigh less than some other brands, so that is something to consider.
I keep going back and forth on what to order... I considered flats but then talked my self out of them remembering how I ended up selling them off last time though I got great fit.. Your sons measurments are almost exactly that of my DDs so this helps.. The green DR looks fantastic but I still wonder how long it will last at the same time while I dont mind folding a rise Ive been spoiled by not having too.. Maybe I'll get like 1/2 dozen of each...
It dangerous when I need to wait for funds I spend too much time second guessing I do muh better just impluse buying
__________________
I can not spell and have no phone to blame things on.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.