Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #121
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I rubbermaid storage container
I box
5 gift bags

Total so far is 7 so while it is low I have 20+ boxes and bins of stuff for my yard sale this spring...anything that doesn't sell will get donated the following Monday. I am sure that will catch me up

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #122
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: 2,012 items in 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezee02 View Post

Total so far is 7 so while it is low I have 20+ boxes and bins of stuff for my yard sale this spring...anything that doesn't sell will get donated the following Monday. I am sure that will catch me up
Thats my plan as well. I have been giving away some things that I don't think are worth my time regarding the garage sale, posting some stuff on craigslist that I think will sell quicker and maybe for some more money than a garage sale. As well as keeping a few things aside for ebay.

Everything else is being labeled (that's a key for me, because I've tried it before and when I see all the boxes of stuff I feel overwhelmed for the garage sale but this time it's all priced and ready to go out ahead of time) and put into boxes labeled garage sale and when it's time I'll bring it all out.

I'm also keeping a spreadsheet of some of the highlights of my garage sale items so when I post the garage sale I can put it on there.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #123
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Some how I ended up with 7 doubles of Dora DVDs I think from when my sister used to watch my daughter she bought some at her house and then I already had some at mine. When my sister stopped watching dd she brought over everything and I never went through. I think I'm going to drop these off though to the childrens center, they are always in big need of them and I would only get like a dollar for each at a garage sale. So out goes 7 more and DD's dvd collection has been gone through!
Old 01-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #124
JessicaArizona
Yes...we know what causes it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I counted everything in the bags that are going out the door today. And year to date we've gotten rid of 230 things!!! 1782 left to go!

We got rid of toys, clothes, blankets, some broken items, and a ton of other stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #125
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
seller

Eek! Someone just gave me hand me downs for dd. I told dh that as many things we keep from them that many of dd's clothes are going! All the stuff that's way too big I'm giving away free on our local fb group.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #126
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrammellyFamily View Post
Eek! Someone just gave me hand me downs for dd. I told dh that as many things we keep from them that many of dd's clothes are going! All the stuff that's way too big I'm giving away free on our local fb group.
Oh no! I know how that feels though... a couple months before Christmas, my dad brought over a bunch of old toys that he had gotten free from someone else. I mean, a TON of stuff - like 2 HUGE boxes, 2 HUGE garbage bags, and a Little Tikes table/chairs.

When all was said and done, I think we kept maybe 4 things and donated or freecycled the rest.

Anyway - today we took down our Christmas tree and put away Christmas decor. I got rid of maybe 15-20 holiday items (didn't count an exact number, but well over my goal of 6/day). In the last few days I've filled up a small donation box and part of a garbage bag. I need to schedule my next charity pickup. I love that they come to my house and take away my stuff!!!
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #127
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbz2002

Thats my plan as well. I have been giving away some things that I don't think are worth my time regarding the garage sale, posting some stuff on craigslist that I think will sell quicker and maybe for some more money than a garage sale. As well as keeping a few things aside for ebay.

Everything else is being labeled (that's a key for me, because I've tried it before and when I see all the boxes of stuff I feel overwhelmed for the garage sale but this time it's all priced and ready to go out ahead of time) and put into boxes labeled garage sale and when it's time I'll bring it all out.

I'm also keeping a spreadsheet of some of the highlights of my garage sale items so when I post the garage sale I can put it on there.
I have not labeled yet...but I have a friend who is going to help me with that! Plus...8 of those are clothes and 2 are shoes that I am doing general pricing on (tees $1, shirts $3 ect). I think the goal is the price when we set it out, using preprinted Labels made on the computer

Old 01-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #128
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

So far I got 6 more spices gone. 2 tea lights and an old remote I don't know what it went to. 9 more things gone. Still have time for more tonight.

I'm scared to do any baby clothes and stuff. People always end up pregnant when they say good-bye to baby stuff. We cannot have that happen right now. But I have so much! Ugh.
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #129
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArronDalesMama
So far I got 6 more spices gone. 2 tea lights and an old remote I don't know what it went to. 9 more things gone. Still have time for more tonight.

I'm scared to do any baby clothes and stuff. People always end up pregnant when they say good-bye to baby stuff. We cannot have that happen right now. But I have so much! Ugh.
I really want to purge my baby stuff but I have the same fear! I am getting mirena in the spring and my friend has offered to buy my baby stuff (swing and bouncy seat) for her moms house this summer. I figured if we have another I will pick up a travel swing and be done. I am also getting rid of my jumparoo and high chair...everything has been used through two kids. I HATE the highchair and the jumparoo is well loved and just so big...if we have another down the line I will get a space saver highchair and find a used jumparoo (or maybe the one in the doorway). I also have way too many baby clothes. I am keeping my favorites to make a quilt and then a few extras...enough for 2 weeks of clothes per size. I figured that would be enough since I can always shop sales for filler...and it is fun to buy newbie stuff.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #130
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Through three kids...not two.